Home Forums General Discussion Sour smelling sweat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jasregadoo

Hi, sorry if this is TMI, but over the last few months, I’ve noticed that my sweat has a stronger odor than it ever has before. I don’t think I’m sweating more than I was before, not horribly. But it has a bit of a sour smell that I don’t remember before.

Maybe I’m imagining it, and my sweat has always smelled like this…but maybe it’s part of the treatment?

Has anyone else had this? Any thoughts? Is it a good sign, a bad sign, a neutral sign? After I shower and so on it’s fine, so it’s not like I’m having to shower several times a day or anything, which is good since I’m in California and we are in the midst of a drought.

A Friend
    Participant

@jasregadoo wrote:

Hi, sorry if this is TMI, but over the last few months, I’ve noticed that my sweat has a stronger odor than it ever has before. I don’t think I’m sweating more than I was before, not horribly. But it has a bit of a sour smell that I don’t remember before.

Maybe I’m imagining it, and my sweat has always smelled like this…but maybe it’s part of the treatment?

Has anyone else had this? Any thoughts? Is it a good sign, a bad sign, a neutral sign? After I shower and so on it’s fine, so it’s not like I’m having to shower several times a day or anything, which is good since I’m in California and we are in the midst of a drought.

Jas,
    My best guess is that the sweat contains impurities/organisms being detoxed. Am thinking that is a VERY GOOD THING. And would continue drinking a lot of pure water, perhaps with some ingredients added to make the pH of the water somewhat higher and healthier, so as to make your body more alkaline as opposed to perhaps overly acidic. A good higher pH (as opposed to acidic) can help keep unfriendly organisms lower in your body. Unfriendly organisms thrive/multiply in an acidic body/terrain and cause using up our body’s needed minerals. And if we are overly acidic for a long period of time, loss of minerals can cause onset of painful bones, etc.
    Good luck,
    AF

richie
    Participant

Hi Good advice —plenty of water daily is very important –as an aside I told my allergist I drink about 32 oz daily –she tiol;d me not enough -should be up around 50-60 oz daily
    richie

Randy
    Participant

Jas,

This may have nothing to do with what you have noticed. However, one of the stranger aspects for me of having SD is that my sense of smell is significantly superior than it was before getting SD. I have often wanted to start a thread about this.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.