Home Forums General Discussion Sleroderma – No April Fools Day Joke

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Randy
    Participant

Hi to my fellow Slecroderma Gang buddies,

Today is a noteworthy day because exactly 1 year ago today my hands became swollen for the first time. Nine months later I was dx'd with SD.

Today I still have SD, but I am starting to kick ass on the “little bastards, ” as my wife affectionately calls my mycroplasma bugs.  I have been on AP for 10wks (1wk on minocin) and have also just completed 5 of 7 days of clindamycine IV's. … “You can run, but you can't hide!” 

Sleroderma – this is no April Fool's Day joke…..”you're history!..soon!”

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Randy,

Reading your post brought tears of joy to my eyes.  Game On!  I love your fightin' attitude! 

Cheryl

Kim
    Participant

Well, Randy, with an attitude like that, Scleroderma will merely be a brief detour in your life.

I was thinking we could have a running meter attached to this board for 'another life saved by AP', like they do for fund raising, selling burgers, etc.

Currently Jess holds the record for fastest recovery, and quite frankly will be very hard to beat, but you may be a close second.

Best to you and your family…….kim 

GayG
    Participant

You have a wonderful attitude and that is crucial in fighting this….I have never doubted that I would go into remission from SD on antibiotic therapy. …I don't know exactly why I was alway so sure but I've never doubted it and it's paying off…I posted my progress this morning….not in remission yet but doing WAY, WAY better….I guess I'm “kicking ass” too!….it's nice to cry for joy for a change!….keep on going, better days are coming…….Gay 

Pip
    Participant

Congrats and Go Get those buggers!

Pip

MaryP
    Participant

Congrats and best of luck on your roadback!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Sleroderma – No April Fools Day Joke’ is closed to new replies.