Home Forums General Discussion sinus infection,nasal passge fungus

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

okay so I read somewhere that if I use grapefruit seed extract and something like V-8 juice it will help with the cleaning of the nasal pasage. I know it said;   start with five drops and the juice, but I would like to know how long to take five drops before going up to 10 and 15 drops.:(

After taking antibiotics for one year now it is still a problem, and naturally the pollen and mold around the Houston area do not help much. :headbang:

So if someone tried this, please let me know.

Eva

Eva Holloway

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=236]Eva Holloway[/user] wrote:

okay so I read somewhere that if I use grapefruit seed extract and something like V-8 juice it will help with the cleaning of the nasal pasage. I know it said;   start with five drops and the juice, but I would like to know how long to take five drops before going up to 10 and 15 drops.:(

Hi Eva,

I use grapefruit seed extract and take it in V8 juice, well away from my probiotics and antibiotics….usually as an “apperitif” before dinner. The concentrated drops are very strong and need dilution. V8 seems to camoflage the taste very well. I learned that tip from A Friend. 😉

I started at 5 drops and gradually added judging by how much die-off I was experiencing. Too much fatigue and general lethargy and I stuck to the dose I was at. Then, when I felt brighter, I added another drop and so on. I found more than 10 drops tended to cause a burning sensation in my stomach, so I haven't gone any higher than that and have just stuck with 10 drops.

I wouldn't want to offer any dosage recommendations on how many drops to take, as it's likely very dependent on individual response, but the proverbial “low and slow” approach is what has worked for me. 🙂

Peace, Maz

Maz
    Keymaster

PS I spoke with one lady who used a netipot to clear her sinuses and she would dilute grapefruit seed extract drops in the solution (no idea how many drops of GSE she used, though). I haven't tried this, myself, but perhaps someone who uses netipot could elaborate on whether this is effective or not. Taken orally by mouth, I would think GSE would have a more systemic effect.

You may have already tried netipot cleanses, but here is a YouTube link describing how to use one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sDIbRAXlg

Eva, this YouTube link talks about GSE and the use of netipot, warning against using too much (no more than 1 drop) as it can burn the sinuses quite badly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCjVigOnyc4&feature=related

Peace, Maz

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hi Maz,

thanks for the info on how much drops to take. I used to take the grapefruit seed extract in capsule form for awhile, then stopped and at one time I took the drops because they didn't have the capsules. I remember how nasty it tasted and when I found the capsules again I threw the bottle out. OH yeah, just toss that money out the window. I never thought about adding it to a juice.:D

The Dermatomyositis is giving me fits. I still use the Manuka honey and it keeps the hands better looking than they had, but since I had to change to Lamisil and the brand name Minocin my hands have gotten little cuts again.:( I gueuss after a little while they will settle down again.

I think it has also something to do with stress or not enough sleep. We traveled for about two weeks and I know I didn't get enough rest visiting with family in California. Had to visit that new grandson. Since my husbands family lives within a hundred miles of each other we had to see everyone from Desert Hot Springs to Dana Point and in between.:roll-laugh:

How are you doing? Fine I hope. Stay well.

Eva

Eva Holloway

Todd WI
    Participant

Ooooh, I'd recommend being VERY careful mixing your own GSE nasal rinse.  Way too easy to burn the sinuses. 

One possible alternative to mixing your own:
    http://www.seagateproducts.com/olive-leaf-nasal-spray.html

Todd

Maz
    Keymaster

Yea, you're probably right, Todd. I'd proceed with caution, too, on the GSE nasal rinse. That guy's experience using GSE really tells it all. The olive leaf sounds much less aggressive. The nasal tissues are so sensitive, being more like mucous membranes and probably anything astringent would cause irritation and necessary to proceed with care or under the guidance of a medical professional, like an ND who has experience with this.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Eva! I'm doing really well right now, waking up with no morning stiffness and feeling pretty good, all in all. Having some days where I don't even bother taking my staple 2 Advils and enjoying getting back to the gym for some good workouts….though going at it slow and building up very gradually, as I've been pretty inactive for a long while and don't want to cause myself any damage!

Sorry to hear your hands are being a nuisance again, but good in some respects that you can put it down to your change to brand mino on top of the stress of traveling.  

Peace, Maz

Maz
    Keymaster

PS Lovely to meet your face with your new avatar pic!!!

Peace, Maz

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maz,

Thanks, I have asked my hubby for several weeks to get me a new picture, I didn't want to be sleeping beauty forever LOL:):roll-laugh:

Take care,

Eva

Eva Holloway

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Todd,

I was not going to put that stuff up my nose, I have a hard time even using the nepi pot with water :?. Anyway thanks for the info. I will drink it with juice or V-8.

Eva

Eva Holloway

A Friend
    Participant

Eva,

You might like to visit this link, and read the posts that show up on it. 

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/dermatomyositissupport/message/4817

There is a Rome oncologist that is doing really facinating work and getting good results with cancer and psoriasis, which I have read about.  He has written that “cancer, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, eczema, etc. are fungus.” 

I found the above link, which turned out to be a support group, after doing a search using “dermatomyositis + Dr. Tullio Simoncini.”  Hope you will find helpful information.  I will be sending you a PM with a few more links. 

Just in case you think I've “lost it”, did you read the post by the lady who had DM and also developed breast cancer?  What if DM is also caused by fungus? 

There is a form of breast cancer little known about that is called Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC).  In this link are messages about IBC, inflammatory diseases such as our diagnoses, immune/autoimmune dysfunction, and other related to DM.  There is also mention in one that the DM was being treated with antibiotics.  I thought these posts might be “out of the box” from what you may have read before.  It's my belief that for many of us our chronic illnesses began with candidiasis/fungal yeast overgrowth which is very difficult to control — especially since doctors do not seem to know anything about, or treat, nor do we until much later, if ever. 

AF

jaminhealth
    Participant

Hi, once I started taking Pycnogenol in 1995 for that whole year, the first things that went bye bye were my sinus/allergy issues.   Then after the first year I switched to Grapeseed Extract (not Grapefruit Seed Ex) since it was less expensive.   The consultant at my health food store said it would do the same and less expensive.

I was the sinus/allergy queen all my life prior to this antioxidant.    Lived on antihistimes.  No more.  Have not bought an antihistime since late 1995. 

Grapeseed Extract reduces histimes.  There are a lot of books on Grapeseed Extract and I own about 5 of them.  Health food stores may  carry some.  Allergies/sinus issues are one health symptoms GE addresses.

The main reason I got on Pycnogenol and then Grapeseed Extract back in 1995 was one of the major claims is that it “MAY reduce cancer”.  That was my main reason and then the first to go were the allergies/sinus issues I was plagued with all my prior life.  I'm 70 btw.   

I have some Grapefruit Seed Extract (anti-viral) but never use it.  I need to throw it out.   Out it goes.  I take Olive Leaf Extract for anti-viral control.   My experiences.  jam

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ sinus infection,nasal passge fungus’ is closed to new replies.