Home Forums General Discussion Serious Itching Here

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi All;
         My SD seems not to be an issue  with itching this time as I am in total remission.I do have problems with food sensitivities and yeast and am on Diflucan.
        What is happening now is driving me crazy.Withine 10 minutes of eating anything I start to itch.I am very aware of what I can't eat so I am super careful. Something as inocuous as a rice cracker or a bite of apple will start the itching that lasts about an hour.A full meal is just the same so  if I am going to itch I might as well eat a good meal.Sometimes it comes on so fast that the food is still in my mouth and wonder if it might have to do with an enzyme that is in the saliva
                       Has anyone else ever had this problem? I feel like an old dog with fleas and hate taking Benadryl all the time as I have had liver problems before.Enzyme test is normal.I am only taking 100mg Diflucan every second day and no antibiotics for the last 3 weeks.HELP!!!!!

casey
    Participant

Hi Lynne,

Thats how i found out i had this dam disease in the first place. Rashes and hives and pretty much 15 min to 1/hr after eating. I went gluten free last yr and dairy too. Been on AP since last yr and they got much better but i have to say i have maybe had 2 days with no skin eruptions in that whole time.(14 months)

I notice they are coming back a little more or i should say more at once. Always after i eat. I am on sporanox . I have been eating a few things i shouldnt have lately and am hoping its that but with these diseases, it becomes a guess at everything..for me anyway.

I know when i contacted Prof Nicolson after i researched all this, the rashes and hives were some of the only symptoms the gulf war illness vets had that he worked with and when i went to the first doc who tested me for what was going on, he wrote 3 things on paper. 1-occult infection 2…food allergies 3. heavy metal toxicity

I believe most of us have all 3.

Sorry I am not much help but what about the heavy metals?? ( i have not had that addressed and guess i shlould

Casey

superperroRA
    Participant

(1)Maybe the Diflucan is causing it?
    (2)I get mild itching all the time myself, although not so sharply associated with eating. I've often wondered if after bathing I should use a lotion with acidopholous in it to crowd out the yeast and other fungi on my skin

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=31]Lynne G./SD[/user] wrote:

Has anyone else ever had this problem? I feel like an old dog with fleas and hate taking Benadryl all the time as I have had liver problems before.Enzyme test is normal.I am only taking 100mg Diflucan every second day and no antibiotics for the last 3 weeks.HELP!!!!!

Lynne,

Just a thought….but have you ever checked out the Curezone.com website? I heard of this happening to some people when I was researching liver/gall bladder flushing and it's said to help with clearing allergies to detox the liver and get things flowing again. I think of the liver as our garbage disposal unit and, when it gets backed up, all the toxins just keep getting circulated and recirculated throughout the body, creating these sensitivities.

I haven't personally tried liver flushing for this particular problem, but if memory serves there is a good amount of information at the Curezone site. The “gallstones” yahoogroup is also a wealth of info….but if you join it, I'd suggest the daily digest, as the traffic can get heavy at times. There are some old timers there, though, who have a lot to share about allergies and the value of liver/GB flushing. You could also have a look in the group archives.

I think your mention of having had liver problems before sort of caught my eye and I wondered if this info might help. Maybe you've already looked into this, though, as I know that you have been at this for a long time and have a great deal insight. 😉

Peace, Maz 

casey
    Participant

Hi Maz,

How are you?

Oops boobooed this post. Sorry!

Casey

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Lynn

If you search this site under salicylates you'll find a post of mine in Feb which gives links to some very useful info. Sounds like you have substantial food intolerance issues. My AP Doc and naturopath currently have me on no dairy, no wheat and gluten, no sulphur and salicylate elimination. Sounds pretty rigid but it's doable. You just have to become the world's best lable reader once you've found out what you're looking for. Maybe time to heal your gut? Hope you get some relief soon. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Lynnie;
                Sound like you have a doctor that is just as good as mine.Dr.A was just a plain old family doctor until she got sick with Chronic Fatigue and Fibro.The poor kid was just about bed bound for 2 years but got herself well again using a protocol like Dr. G Nicholson's.Today she just takes on people with our diseases and chronic environmental sensitivities.She thinks nothing of spending over an hour for each appointment and because Canada has free medical care she only gets paid for 15 minute appointments.The rest of her time is pro-bono I guess.
                Leaky gut has been around for a long time,see post under   MAZ- LIVER DETOX

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Serious Itching Here’ is closed to new replies.