Home Forums General Discussion Seltzer water

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I sometimes use seltzer water for a queasy stomach. I used to use Coke but don’t drink that anymore. I wonder if anyone else has used this.

Linda L
    Participant

What is your purpose of using it? People use it after drinking alcohol. I think it is a kind of aspirin?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

It calms the stomach because of the carbonation. I know it can be mixed with alcohol but I don’t drink and just use it to calm the stomach. Some people use it to wien off Coke.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Baking soda was always grandma’s go to drug when we had upset tummies as children.It calms the stomach acid and takes away that terrible taste if you have to vomit which is great when mom has to clean up.
    I never has to use any drugs like nexium for my Gerd as soda did the trick(1/2 teaspoon in a small glass of water before bed)There are several ways to make soda water with different ingredients and a carbon dioxide infuser.The bubbles also make one burb which makes you feel better.Plain old soda does the same when it touches stomach acid the same way vinegar and soda react as a cleaning agent.Here is a good explanation on the various kinds of water.
    http://www.cpnhelp.org/treatment_protocols

richie
    Participant

I only drink seltzer water about 56 oz daily –for me it is superior to plain water

richie
    Participant

Its just carbonated water —

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Now how did I do that.here is the right info.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonated_water

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Lynne- Thanks for the response. Yes, the burping helps with queasy stomach. The article says seltzer water was named after the town of Seltzer in Germany that has spring water. My German grandmother would like that.

richie
    Participant

Wiki doesnt have it exactly correct –there is a difference between club soda and seltzer wate –mainly seltzer is plain just carbonated –while club has salt and some other things —Queasy stomach -I have found gas-x to help a lot –my stomach surgeon said it can be helpful

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Richie- Thanks for the gas x tip. I’ll give it a try.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.