Home Forums General Discussion Seeking AP doc in PA or East Coast for lyme & SD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mssada33
    Participant

I am seeking an AP doc in PA or on the East coast who is experienced with Lyme & SD. I have the doc lists from Maz but am wondering if anyone could recommend a specific one or tell me of their experience.

Mssada33
    Participant

Has anyone had success with Dr. B in Stevensville, MD?

Cary
    Participant

I have seen Dr.B in Stevensville several times. He is more focused on chronic lyme as a cause in my case but his protocols are abx/Minocycline based. He is a very helpful and caring man. My first visit was close to two hours and have been able to follow up with phone appt since.

Bobbiea
    Participant

My daughter and I both go to Dr. B. He takes his time with you and will answer any question you ask. I can’t take Minocin anymore, as after taking it for years my face turned very blue. He is trying different antibiotics on me. We live in northern Delaware. We are both pleased with him.

Spiffy1

I went to one visit with him and had a good experience with him until the end of our visit he said to not bother him with every ache and pain or questions between visits. This was after he had prescribed me an antibiotic I had previously been allergic to that he wanted me to try. I got cold feet and could not do it so he wanted me to take Cipro for a long while daily. I can’t remember if it were one or three months. I just did not feel comfortable taking an antibiotic that came with a black box warning under the assistance of a doctor who did not want me bothering him. None of my other doctors would have understood why I was taking Cipro in the first place. It just made me feel uncomfortable so I did not go back. I had to find someone that was an email or phone call away at all times even though I am very respectful of his time. I am glad that others did not have this same experience.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Mssada33
    Participant

Thank you for all of the responses. My experience with Dr. B has been great thus far. I’m currently taking Minocycline 100mg twice daily and Cefuroxime 250 mg. twice daily (to treat chronic lyme). Has anyone taken this combination before? Have you had success? I’m starting to feel much worse and I wonder if this is what others term as the ‘herxheimer’ reaction or if my body is rejecting the antibiotics. I feel ache all over, have a head ache and buzzing (neuropathy) all throughout my body. I have my follow up phone call on Monday with D. B, so i’m eager to hear his thoughts.

Spiffy1

Please keep us posted! Very high hopes for you!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.