Home Forums General Discussion saunas and weight loss

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

Just wondering if  anyone has experienced any weight loss with the use of their sauna??

Thanks,

Casey

Kim
    Participant

[user=9]casey[/user] wrote:

Just wondering if  anyone has experienced any weight loss with the use of their sauna??

Sadly, not for this girl. :crying: 

Every sauna manufacturer uses that in their sales pitch, but I haven't lost an ounce and I've used mine a lot.  I have, however, noticed a slight improvement in the ugly cellulite.  Toxins are stored in your fat (I don't know where skinny people store theirs :roll-laugh:) so that makes sense.  Cosmetically, people will comment on how good your skin looks, which is nice, but the real good is going on inside with better circulation.

I sense there will be a sauna in your home soon. 😉

Take care…..kim

casey
    Participant

I have to say i must be completely full of toxins since they are stored in fat! I was hoping a sauna would help with that to.  You are right Kim, almost every sauna seller uses weight loss to promote sales. Oh well.

Thanks ,

Casey

Maz
    Keymaster

Casey, I'm ever hopeful the new sauna will help shed some unwanted poundage. From what I've read, it's possible to burn up to 900 calories in one sauna session. Of course, most of this is water that is sweated off and quickly replaced by drinking water…but, the fact remains (in my hopeful brain) that water has no calories and so even if the weight is quickly put back on again with water intake, that is still 900 calories burned off!

Heck…maybe wishful thinking, but I'd be happy just to get rid of some cellulite! :blush:

Peace, Maz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ saunas and weight loss’ is closed to new replies.