Home Forums General Discussion Sarcoidosis–does AP work?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kater
    Participant

Hi All,
    now that I have gotten myself on AP some friends are getting interested in it. Does anyone have any personal experience with AP for Sarcoidosis? Dr. S told me in his email that he has treated people with Sarcoidosis in conjunction with connective tissue disorders. I am interested in anything you might have to share on this subject
    thank you!

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Parisa
    Participant

For sarcoidosis, I would look into the Marshall protocol which is a form of AP protocol.

Maz
    Keymaster

@kater wrote:

now that I have gotten myself on AP some friends are getting interested in it. Does anyone have any personal experience with AP for Sarcoidosis? Dr. S told me in his email that he has treated people with Sarcoidosis in conjunction with connective tissue disorders. I am interested in anything you might have to share on this subject

Hi Kater,

Parisa is right. The Marshall Protocol was designed by a researcher, Trevor Marshall, who has sarcoidosis. That particular protocol focuses on Vit D dysregulation, which seems to be a component of sarcoidosis, along with low dose, combined antibiotic protocols (introduced in steps).

Interestingly, my old LLMD (Lyme Literate MD) also had some experience in treating sarc patients with Lyme protocols and he managed to bring one patient to remission on a combination of Mepron and Azithromycin within several short months. I don’t now if this time-frame is typical or not of this particular Lyme protocol and this was but one anecdotal patient experience my doc shared with me, but it caught my attention enough that I’ve remembered the success of this patient. Of course, the swift response may also be due to a number of other factors, including the patient’s age, strength of immune function, the causative infections being caught early, etc.

The following study posted on a Lyme forum may be of interest to you in this context:

http://www.lymecommunity.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5138

That’s about all I can share on this topic, as we don’t often see sarc patients here on the forum.

kater
    Participant

gosh you people are amazing! I have read about the Marshall Protocol (sounds very complicated) and wasn’t quite sure what the different applications were for it. Now I know. I will be sure to inform my friend.
    with gratitude
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.