Home Forums General Discussion salt debate – good article on mercola

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

A very (IMO) balanced article on salt and the issues around it. Note that lack of balanced salt also stated as implicated in many chronic diseases including RA. It also dovetails into my AP Doc’s advice – which is to drink loads of filtered or boiled water and also take in adequate amounts of natural (not table) salt.

http://tinyurl.com/czdgd3c

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trudi
    Participant

Thanks for posting this article, Lynnie! I also enjoy reading the reader’s comments–lots of information to be had :)!

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

cavalier
    Participant

http://www.trueactivist.com/scientists-officially-link-processed-foods-to-autoimmune-disease/

I thought I would share this as it is balanced that the Himalayan salt that has minerals in with it – is different than salt even some of the sea salt if it is refined looses the minerals.

Jill SD Lyme CPn, Candida Poss bart & Heavy Metals

enzed
    Participant

It might be worth posting my experience in the 1970’s when I substituted sea salt for idodised table salt, after I read it was better for you. Within a few months I had an under active thyroid that needed medical treatment.

The doctor advised me to toss out the sea salt and use iodised table salt again because the body needs iodine which is added to table salt for the purpose of preventing thyroid problems. So I learned about iodine the hard way. 🙄

Since I returned to using iodised table salt I have had no further thyroid problems.

Valsmum
    Participant

Enzed,

It is interesting about what happened to your thyroid and the sea salt. I read on Earthclinic.com that some people use iodine drops for their aches and pains. Just a few drops of Lugol’s Iodine drops. a day for fibro pains, I think, I have never ingested these drops myself, but I found it interesting.
    😉

cavalier
    Participant

Lugols is something I use I put just 2 drops in my coffee in the AM – one has to be careful with it as too much of this can also shut down the thyroid just like too little can. We do need some iodine. There are some sea salts out there now that state they are iodized. Jill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.