Home Forums General Discussion Riding the Blue Ox

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Kim.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sierra
    Participant

Someone wrote earlier of developing bluish marks on her inner thighs as a side effect of minocycline, a condition she coined “riding the blue chicken.” Now, unless there were actual feathers to be found, I have to challenge her perception of reality. Don't we all know there are no blue chickens, let alone rideable ones? However, in Minnesota we have Paul Bunyan and Babe, his blue ox. There are many attractive, jumbo, brightly-colored statues of these figures scattered about the state. So I will term my condition as “riding the blue ox.” (I believe, as a child, I was placed upon a statue and actually did “ride.”) I've been watching the blue marks with a mild level of concern, recalling what one rheumy told me a while back: “If you see marks developing on your legs you should stop the medicine before the discoloration spreads to your face.” The thought of stopping the med seemed out of the question. Thankfully there's been plenty of discussion about the usefulness of vitamin C in preventing or treating these marks, so I bought a big bottle of 1,000 mg (taking 1 daily.) It's working! The small spots are nearly invisible and the large, dark one has lighted to about the half the intensity of what it was. I wish I had remembered to mention this to my reheumy last week, as I can see she is learning from me and delighting in my recovery. Next time.

Sierra

Kim
    Participant

That 'blue-chicken-rider' was Lorraine, who has by the way, been disturbingly quiet.

Lorraine, where are you?  Hope you're OK.

Kim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Riding the Blue Ox’ is closed to new replies.