Home Forums General Discussion Rheumatoid Arthritis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I am a new comer to RBF and I would be very grateful for any suggestions, my story is as follows;

Around 2006 I was told I had RA, at the time I only had inflammation in the right knee. At times, it was severe and joint aspiration was required followed by cortisone injection. This alleviated the pain for a few months, but then the inflammation would come back. I was also taking other anti-inflammatory like Naprosyn, Mobic, Asprin and Celebrex. MTX was strongly suggested but I stubbornly objected, although at the time I had no idea about its adverse effects.

Around 2007, my rheumatologist suggested he admit me into hospital for 3 days, aspirate the knee, inject a large amount of cortisone, place a split around the knee and rest for the 3 days.

This treatment seemed to give me the cure I was looking for, because until around 2012 I was pain free with no visible signs of inflammation.

Around 2012, I experienced the inflammation in now 2 joints, the left wrist and right knee. I went back to see my rheumatologist, however I was assigned a different one. Again, I was prescribed the usual anti-inflammatories, then at least 2 knee aspirations with the usual dosage of cortisone. This, however, did not give lasting relief. It was said that I will need to go on MTX, again I objected, but continued with the anti-inflammatories.

Early in 2013 I tracked down my first rheumatologist who agreed to do as he did in 2007. I was admitted into hospital for 3 days, aspirate the knee, inject a large amount of cortisone, place a split around the knee and rest for the 3 days. Unfortunately, this time I only got moderate relief and for only a few months.

At that time I began researching alternative treatments and thankfully I came across Dr Brown

flower
    Participant

Hi

unfortunately I have arthritis in the right knee and I can understand how the suffering 🙄

how is it now your right knee?

perhaps a doctor who is familiar with the antibiotic protocol could give you the best dosage :geek:

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Flower,
    My right knee at the moment is not too bad, it has moments however, when it flares. There has been significant improvemnt since i started AB.

The problem i find is that whilst my rheumatologist has prescibed minocycline, he is not experienced in AB protocol.
    I have read on various posts that some patients take 100mg twice a day on Monday Wednesday Friday, so i have been trying this for the last week or so.

Do you take AB and how is working for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.