Home Forums General Discussion RHB-104

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

Ive been reading about this drug called RHB-104 that is currently going through trials for lupus, crohns, MS and rheumatoid arthritis. Apparently its a drug containing three antibiotics. Does anyone know what antibiotics ?

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@lemons wrote:

Ive been reading about this drug called RHB-104 that is currently going through trials for lupus and crohnes (not sure how to spell that). Its said that it has also shown good results with RA. Apparently its a drug containing three antibiotics. Does anyone know what antibiotics ?

I just looked into this, they are being given 5 pills, twice a day.

Each pill contains these 3 antibiotics : 95 mg clarithromycin, 45 mg rifabutin, and 10 mg clofazimine

Info I found shows both rifabutin & clofazimin are used to treat Leprosy.

The doctor that developed this also developed the current triple therapy for ulcers.

sandrabonfield
    Participant

Hi Johnny
    The research paper showed differently, I just do not know how to put the info of all the studies I have been researching onto this page
    Sandra

Woods1977
    Participant

If anyone is interested here’s a link to review… Very interesting indeed! This is something I would be willing to try later down the road, if in the event I can’t keep my RA under control!

http://ir.redhillbio.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=781159

lemons
    Participant

Thanks Woods for posting the link. Like Sandra, I am pants at using this website and don’t know how to do that link thing !!!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi lemons
    to copy and paste a link:
    when you are on the particular web page you want to post a link to, highlight the address that comes up in the address bar at top of the page and copy (hold down ctrl+C keys). To paste the link into your post hold down Ctrl+V keys.
    Alternatively click on edit/copy from drop down and then click edit/paste

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

richie
    Participant

Hi They bought the rights to these drugs from an Australian Co.. They are involved with very good people including Dr Barody of Australia who came up with a treatment for Crohns using antibiotics –in fact I think this com pany is commercializing some of his work !!!!!!
    Richie

lemons
    Participant

Im surprised this post hasn’t generated more interest 😕

richie
    Participant

Hi The only reason I can think of is that most folks here tend to follow more alternative things –this is mainstream !!!!!
    Richie

mary77
    Participant

I find this fascinating information. The three drug combination sounds interesting. Leprosy is a bacterial infection..though very slow growing with a long incubation period.(years) If these 3 meds prove to be effective for RA sufferers, then I would certainly be willing to give them a try!

Not sure what the pharmaceutical industry would say..they want us to take the biologics at a hefty cost per month.

I hope this leads to another possibility for those of us with RA.
    Mary

richie
    Participant

Hi They also are the pharmaceutical industry as are the makers of minocycline doxycline and every other antibiotic –very often the same people who make biologicals make antibiotics —
    richie

richie
    Participant

Hi As a further case in point —Abbott Labs makes Humira a leading biologic -they also make Biaxin and biaxin XL also known as clarithromycin —mention is made of cost –Enbrel yearly cost is app. 18–20000 –the cost of minocin for someone taking 100 mg daily is app.9600 yearly —-not exactly a pittance —People have insurance coverage for Enbrel and I have insurance coverage for minocin —There is a very bad tendency around here to paint the pharmaceutical industry in black hats with one big brush —Biologics have other baggage but I am not so sure cost is a good negative argument –if we talk about effects on the immune system etc –I can see that —-But never forget the big bad paharmaceutical industry makes all kinds of life saving drugs also !!!!
    richie

lemons
    Participant

It will be interesting to see what happens with this drug, but it looks promising from what I have read.

Suzy
    Participant

Thanks for posting this Lemons. I’ve been looking at this also…does sound interesting! I wonder what kinda herx and or side effects you would get from this three Abx combo? Would like to see more research …..

Suzy

Anonymous
    Participant

Researching this led me to a Crohn’s site and a thread that discussed tetracyclines causing Crohn’s Disease….Anyone heard this before?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.