Home Forums General Discussion Remission without conventional drugs

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

AF, thanks for the mag/ link, very good reading, you put me onto mag. supps. last year and I haven’t looked back, thanks again for your input.

Rockin Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

ablegirl
    Participant

hi, lemons.

I am in UK and have had the same problems with getting prescribed Minocin. When I asked my GP for it back in 2011 he said he hadn’t heard of this drug for RA when i said i could supply him with relevent studies/literature etc he said he still wouldn’t prescribe it as it is not the set out treatment plan for RA and if he prescribed it and i took and had any adverse effects he would not be able to justify why he had prescribed minocin for RA and would risk being struck off. I am sure you will find this response here in the UK. our medical system here is much more tied up with less freedoms for both patient and doctors. Recently my Rheumatologist(I say my Rheumatologist lightly, not my choice just one I was refered to) laughed when i mentioned Minocin and said no, no, no in a very condescending way. I found away round things and I now have a friend in Greece who can walk into Pharamacy and buy brand minocin without a prescription for 5 euros. in fact my sister is on holiday there and has just bought me 6 boxes. It is brand minocin made in Italy by Teofarma. So there are ways round things if you cannot find a Rheummie to prescribe for you. As you are aware doctors do not like going out on a limb and why would they they have a set protocal to follow collect their enormous salary each month why step outside the box.

m.
    Participant

I had a casual conversation with a rheumatologist I met at work. Naively, I shared my enthusiasm for Dr. Brown’s protocol and how low dose pulsing doxy put me in remission.

Without batting an eye, he said, “You were misdiagnosed then. You don’t have RA.”

I agree with Bonnie that the big picture goal is to get well and in remission.

Like ablegirl, I had to get around some hurdles to get my prescription. It would be nice to have a physician who “does it all”, but sometimes you have to take what you get from here, and there, and put together a patchwork of help.

A Friend
    Participant

@m. wrote:

Like ablegirl, I had to get around some hurdles to get my prescription. It would be nice to have a physician who “does it all”, but sometimes you have to take what you get from here, and there, and put together a patchwork of help.

“m”,

You’re wiser every day, I’m sure. I believe the reality of our situation is that the ones (doctors) that “do it all” (know it all) are probably very rare. We as patients have so many variances in the way we are put together, and the way our bodies respond to a myriad of things. It would be hard for our physicians to “know” everything about our case that is important to know.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) we are the ones that live in these bodies and experience our symptoms, etc. I’ve found it is very important that I document at least a few brief notes (with dates) on experiences for information for future need-to-know or to remember these tidbits. It is sometimes amazing how what I sometimes learn today, sparks a memory of something in the past. When I can find history notes kept, it can be very helpful in documenting and tieing things together. Recommend we all get a notebook of some kind to record dates and at least tidbits about illnesses/meds, etc. Our memories, especially with illnesses, cannot always be trusted.

Something read years ago that became even more meaningful to me over the years, I want to share with you. It is important for us to love ourselves, and take good care of us, too. What I read about this has stayed with me. Not often do I remember to look at that little girl I used to be long ago in the mirror, but I believe we need to do that. Those good things we do for others, we also need to do for the child who still lives within us: (Below is the essence of what I read.)

“Look in the mirror, say “hello” to that reflection. Remember how the little girl or little boy looked that you used to be. She or he is having a very difficult time, and she/he is depending on you to help through this problem. Be kind to her/him, take good care of her/him. Put your arms her/him and promise that little one that you are now the grownup, and you are going to take good care of her/him.

Posting this right now completely surprised me. When I came here it was just to post that even the best physicians cannot know us like we know/experience things ourselves.

Hugs,
    AF

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi, I’m of the same mindset as you and wrote a recent post about it and my experience. Have you read it? Phyllis

A Friend
    Participant

@phyllis wrote:

Hi, I’m of the same mindset as you and wrote a recent post about it and my experience. Have you read it? Phyllis

No (haven’t read it), but I’d very much like to. Which subject post is it under?
    AF

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.