Home Forums General Discussion Re-thinking everything I thought I knew about FQs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4035782/

Over 4 years ago I developed a nearly deadly urinary tract infection on a cross country trip, that didn’t get treated for over 8 days. It got really, really bad. I was put on Cipro for 10 days on a really high dosage. The day after my last Cipro pill, I started getting so sick feeling. No appetite, depersonalization, vertigo for nearly 2 months without stopping, my skin felt numb, some of my private parts turned hard, and still haven’t returned to normal completely (sorry to be straightfoward). This lasted from about April-October of 2011.

I didn’t know about my SD back then, and I definitely had a lot of symptoms of it back then, I remember I even would not be able to catch my breath from simply laughing. I am thinking now, that what I experienced was a HERX! And the reason my SD has progressed so damned slowly is because of this Cipro treatment! All this time I thought I had experienced fluoroquinolone toxicity syndrome, I was even part of a support group for it!

JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

I should have mentioned that there has been studies of SSc patients being treated with ciprofloxacin for 6 months!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.