Home Forums General Discussion RBF SUPPORT FORUM MESSAGE

• This topic has 27 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Kim.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    Keymaster

Please join us in welcoming Kim to the Road Back Foundation's volunteer team. Kim is a longtime support forum participant with extensive personal knowledge of Scleroderma, RA and Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (as well as Lyme disease). RBF is very grateful that Kim will continue to share her experience in a volunteer role with the many that visit and participate here on the support forum.

Thank you, Kim – the RBF support forum volunteer team extends a very warm welcome to you! Your ongoing efforts to support Road Back are greatly appreciated. 😀

JBJBJB
    Participant

you go girl!

Thank you for helping many others to get road back to good health, Kim. Your effort is greatly appreciated. JB

tainabell
    Participant

AWESOME!  Thanks so much Kim…good to know even more people will be learning from you in the future.  You have helped me so much already.  You're going to be a great volunteer!   :roll-laugh:

Randy
    Participant

Wow! Congrats RBF.  What a special thread, and wonderful news, and a wonderful volunteer!

Kim – Thanks for all your terrific help, at least since I've been on the road back. You've been a huge help to me. 

Commercial Break:

By the way, ref your earlier suggestions to me about Neprinol and Rechts-Regulat, I checked into how they differ in application compared to Lumbrokinase (Boluoke) and I found out that for me Dr. F. uses Lumbrokinase as a “microclot buster” for the peripheral circulation”. Apparently “it breaks down goo-like micro clots enzymatically in the distal circulation and optimizes circulatory health” and is therefore used (as a blood thinner) for blood thickening (due to SD) and Raynauds. Furthermore, “it is not directly breaking down fibrotic scar tissue as Neprinol and Rechts-Regulat may do.”

Now, returning to this Special News Alert thread…

Kim – With as much help as you are already used to giving, this will be no sweat (pun intended, as you are …”Miss Sauna, RBF”)

Again, “Yea for the RBF!”

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

Kim
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. 🙂 

Really, how could any one of us say “No” when asked to help out with this board?  In my darkest early days I was lucky enough to find this place and quickly learned that I had all sorts of options in fighting SD (didn't know I had Lyme then) and that I probably wasn't going to die a very painful and cruel death way too soon.  My doctors were telling me they were sorry, but there wasn't much they could do other than manage pain as in increased!  Oh, please!  People around here weren't talking about dying — they were talking about managing their conditions and living.  We all know how this stuff can drag us down and sometimes the hardest fight is within our own head.

I think it was hairy/sweaty Randy who said, “giving up is not an option.”  Never, never give up, there is always something you can do to be healthier.

Hugs………kim

davew
    Participant

Yay Kim! Awesome selection!

Dave

Mumof3
    Participant

That is great news! You've already helped me so much (as well as many others) with all of your advice. Thank you for taking the time to volunteer. Your time and advice is really appreciated!

Trudi
    Participant

This is great news, Kim!!  Thanks for taking the time to volunteer!

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Todd WI
    Participant

Wow, I thought Kim was already a volunteer.  I'm sure somewhere in her 700 posts she's helped a couple of people.    Thanks Kim!

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=67]Todd WI[/user] wrote:

Wow, I thought Kim was already a volunteer.  I'm sure somewhere in her 700 posts she's helped a couple of people.   

Todd, your words couldn't be more true! Kim has always been a volunteer here – like an earth angel so many just turn to naturally – and I couldn't be more grateful for her always being around, helping us out in so many practical ways with her 'only Kim' humor that just has me beaming from ear to ear some days. You're an amazing person, Kim! :dude:  Thank you so much!!!

Peace, Maz

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Kim,

What a joy to have yet another great RBF volunteer!  This website is such a great source of support, education and inspiration and you have been all of that for me.

Susan

PS.  We are waiting for the Humaworm to arrive and my husband (for him) is hoping he does not have a worm come out his nose!

Kim
    Participant

Y'all are really sweet and it means a lot to me. 

This will have to be quick because I'm due for more baby therapy soon.  I'm in Chicago and the three little ones will be up from naps soon.  Three year old twins and a 5 month old can wear you out, but oh, so fun!

Susan, I can't wait for a report on the Humaworm. 😉  It helps to do a little research and look at some of the disgusting pictures so you'll know what you're looking for. I only have a few days left out of my 30 and it's still working very well.  The horrors that have been going on in my gut are unbelievable so I'll be ordering more in a few months.  Lord knows how many mouths I've been feeding!  😯  Oh, and for anyone curious, I switched up my husband's remaining pills with mine and the results are the same.  I'ts all me…….he's fine.

Back to grandma duty……..kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Wholeheartedly agree, Todd, Kim has long been a volunteer here in everything but the label. And I've always loved her wonderfully frank and wryly humourous posts. You're a treasure, Kim. Enjoy your 3 little ones today. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Marie
    Participant

Kim, I'm delighted that you made your de facto volunteer status official.  😉 

Thanks so much for your presence on this board.

Marie

Parisa
    Participant

We're very lucky to have your help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘ RBF SUPPORT FORUM MESSAGE’ is closed to new replies.