Home Forums General Discussion Raynaud’s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Shannan_Lee
    Participant

How many dx with RA/Scleroderma have Raynaud’s? My fingers get so cold when I’m holding a glass with ice in it or even going outside when it’s 60 degrees. They do not hurt just get really cold and redder than usual. Anybody else who has had this experience?

kater
    Participant

Yes Raynaud’s is a common Scleroderma symptom and often one of the first. Raynaud’s and carpal tunnel were my first signs. There is primary and secondary Raynaud’s and there is medication you can get if it’s severe. It can be very painful and damaging in severe forms.
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

richie
    Participant

Raynauds is very common with scleroderma -it also shows up to a lesser degree in RA—any family doctor or in internist etc can prescribe a calcium channel blocker which helps the situation greatly —

richie
    Participant

A quick thought –you must keep your core warm -wear a sweater -sweatshirt etc

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

I don’t think I have typical reynauds but if my hands are exposed to winter cold while I’m also doing some sort of activity (like shoveling) my fingers swell, turn red and itch.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Shannan_Lee
    Participant

Richie, tell me some about your journey. Do you have systemic or diffuse? How long have you been on AP? You seem to be in remission and living life. So u have no doubts that’s this protocol saved your life? You have no lingering heart or lung issues? Thank for playing 20 questions with me!🤪

richie
    Participant

Hi I had systemic -been on AP for almost 20 years –full remission and no lingering effects at all —There is no question it saved my life –We sure are living life !!!!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Exact same story as Richie.If I remember correctly we started AP a couple months apart.Richie’s SD was probably cause by chemical called Benzine.Mine could have also as I got a snoot full of the stuff 8 hoyrs a day for almost 2 decades.On top of that I had/have Lyme.It took 2 years for my body to completely recover and close to 4 for my clawed hands

Shannan_Lee
    Participant

Oh my gosh…clawed hands?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Yes Shannon,clawed hands.Do you not know what SD does to us?Tendon friction rubs are no fun either.I will never ever stop my mino/doxy as I never want to be in that place again.

April15533
    Participant

So what kind of protections does everyone do for the raynauds. I have found that mittens work best for me. I have a radiator heater that i heat my gloves and shoes on before i go outside. i have reusable warmers that i insert in my gloves before i leave to go anywhere. Even in Key west which is warm in winter, i still experienced the numbness and white skin.

April15533
    Participant

Richie,
    When you started 20 yrs ago, explain the process, like, how long had you been diagnosed before starting and what symptoms we’re you experiencing, how often did you do the IV treatment and did u take Mino or doxy, how long were you on the treatment before you showed progress and how long before most symptoms we’re gone. Thanks, April

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi April;
    Alas Richie died a few months ago but not from SD.I guess I am the only oldie left.Have you tried Nattokinase? It disolves the clots called Rouleaux that clog the capillaries.Near infrared light works well also and feels so good.It stopped my hair from falling out.Also helps the skin.You can get it on Amazon I like Nattomax,available on Amazon also ,I take one a day but oftem forget for many in a row and have had no problem.Are you aware of Chocolit’s work on the Inspire site.He explains Rouleaux ….or you could just Google the word.
    https://myersdetox.com/single-infrared-heat-lamp-therapy/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6043915/
    https://www.nature.com/articles/srep11601

April15533
    Participant

Lynn, I did read about Richie shortly after i sent that email. I have been trying to read the whole forum to see if i can gleam any good info for myself. I is a long process. I also am trying to copy as much info as possible into a word document so i can try and convince my doc at the VA hospital to either treat me, or approve treatment in private sector.
    Thanks Lynn,
    April

April15533
    Participant

Has anyone with Raynauds used battery heated socks or gloves? I use the reusable hand warmers in my gloves while i am out and about for just few hours. I have gloves everywhere! I also have rubber pipe insulation on all my door handles.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.