Home Forums General Discussion Raw Food Diets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Valsmum
    Participant

Has anyone tried a raw food diet for their rheumatoid arthritis? I borrowed a book from a friend that has AS and colitis and the Book is called “Self Healing Colitis and Crohn’s” . The basis of the diet is to eat fruits, vegetables and nuts. I think having fish occasionally is ok. My friend is doing much better by not eating grains, dairy, sugar and meats. It is a hard diet to stick with, but I feel so much better when I can stick with it and avoid grains, dairy and sugar. I was wondering if anyone out there stuck to an extreme diet for longer than 6 months and if so what were your results.Thanks!

tbird2340
    Participant

I had a friend go to the Creative Health Institute for a week with her daughter.. http://www.creativehealthinstitute.com/

I guess they teach you how to live a raw diet lifestyle.. You detox and everything while you stay there.. Her daughter has had JRA for about 8 years.. Her daughter said for the first time in 8 years she can actually see her knee (wasn’t swollen after being there for like 5 days)..

They came home and lived it pretty hard core and they said they both felt great.. I’ve tried to touch base with them to see how they are doing but haven’t been able to..

I do know it would be VERY difficult to live a raw lifestyle but the benefits may make it worth it!

Valsmum
    Participant

TBird,
    Thank you for sharing your friend’s experience.Thnak you for the link, I have never heard of that place .I am glad your friend’s daughter felt better, I can totally relate to the swollen knee thing, I have one knee that 2 days ago I could not strighten out, it’s just stuck in a bent postion. I had brown rice the night before:( The next day I just ate fruits and veggies, tuna and nuts and voila, my knee came down enough to straighten it out, still some visible swelling, but it bends 🙂 !
    I felt so much better this week avoiding refined sugar, this one has been extremely hard for me to give up,it is in everything.
    Also, everytime I read about someone getting better with diet, the diets are all basically the same, avoid grains and starches, eat 70% raw , avoid dairy and sugar.Dr. Mercola,Dr Furman, David Klein phd,Dr. E. Cayce and Dr Seignalet all of their diets have great results for autoimmine diseases and they basically are the same diet, with a little tweaking here and there.
    Thanks again TBird.

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hi, valsmum:

Yes, I have been on an “extreme” diet for my AS for many years.
    By extreme I mean (near) total elimination of starches. Sugars do not affect me, AS-wise, but they do other people because often this disease has a primary trigger associated with candidiasis, but nearly anything that damages the intestinal tract can trigger AS in a susceptible individual.

It was the combination of diet and antibiotics that totally took down this disease, but I had the answer sitting on my bookshelf many years before I learned of the cause of AS and I had accidentally discovered the best way to eliminate symptoms–and fooled myself into believing doctors had better solutions, so despite financial and personal disasters, the worst decision I ever made in life was to take NSAIDs on advice of rheumatologists. They don’t come out wearing floppy shoes, big red nose, and greasepaint, but there should be some way of warning people. Now they want to government-mandate these frauds! (sorry…don’t get me started but I will bring down the system if I can).

I know about raw food diets, my friend and professional curmudgeon Wayne Green is a raw foodist doing as well as could be expected for his age (89 I think) and general stubbornness.

Yes this is a good way to avoid starches, but I am not that fond of some things raw: Wayne eats raw LIVER! (after a good soaking in colloidal silver); I can hardly choke down that stuff well-cooked and covered in onions.

But the most important part of the paleolithic diet is something they do not even mention: FASTING. We evolved through cycles of feast and famine, but too often ignore the famine part. A large group of people fast only one day per months and have significantly lower coronary artery and heart disease, perhaps even cancers, and other modern maladies. They also abstain from alcohol and caffeine. .

The best source for recipes and the true mechanism behind AS (and possibly other autoimmune diseases–molecular mimicry) is the book by Carol Sinclair: The New IBS Low-Starch Diet, with foreword by Professor Ebringer. The book I had on my shelf was written by Giraud Campbell, D.O., but I have researched AS and diet for years by now and others like Jackie Le Tissier have also found a connection with starch, despite not always recognizing this fact. I knew about Dr. Seignalet and Mercola of course, but will try and find information about Dr. Furman and David Klein PhD; Thank You for these references!

HEALTH,
    John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.