Home Forums General Discussion RA and fasting before surgery

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jan Lucinda1 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks, Jan, but I think it’s pretty routine to have anti nausea meds with a general….they usually ask ahead of time, but I made sure to bring it up when I talked with the anethesiologust as it didn’t bear thinking about after going through neck surgery! Ugh

Happy to hear your eye surgery went well! Can you see better now?

Severe, swift onset RA as a result of Lyme disease
    Current Meds: Biaxin (500mg BID), Tetracycline (500mg BID), Tirosint (88mcg), Liothyronine (10 mcg), Compounded Liposomal Artemisinin, LDN (3mg), Topical Progesterone,
    Current Supps: Curcumin, Bovine Colostrum, ALA. NAC, Milk Thistle, Super Liquid Folate/B12/B-Complex, Probiotics, Vit D3
    Supportive Measures: IV Myer's Cocktails, IV Glutathione, FIR Sauna, Gluten-free diet, Gym.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Maz- It is not standard here on the West Coast. I have several friends who have had surgery with general anesthetics and no antinausea IV.

i saw the ophthalmologist today. The cataract was quite large so the eye is swollen. I have steroid eyedrops and he gave 20mg prednisone for a week. May take awhile for better vision.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hope you heal swiftly, Jan. Well done facing that!

Severe, swift onset RA as a result of Lyme disease
    Current Meds: Biaxin (500mg BID), Tetracycline (500mg BID), Tirosint (88mcg), Liothyronine (10 mcg), Compounded Liposomal Artemisinin, LDN (3mg), Topical Progesterone,
    Current Supps: Curcumin, Bovine Colostrum, ALA. NAC, Milk Thistle, Super Liquid Folate/B12/B-Complex, Probiotics, Vit D3
    Supportive Measures: IV Myer's Cocktails, IV Glutathione, FIR Sauna, Gluten-free diet, Gym.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Update- I can see white now. Before the cataract made everything look yellow.

Maz- A nurse friend said most anesthesiologists give antinausea meds after a general anesthetic but you have to check and make sure.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.