Home Forums General Discussion Questions from a newbie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    GettingBetter
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m newly diagnosed and reading many of the helpful posts here.

i want to try AP as I have scleroderma, however: I’m reading that there are tests that should be done first, such as for Lyme’s and chlamydia and mycoplasma. Have people here done this testing, or do most people go right into the Antibiotic protocol?

Cost is a big factor when travel is involved.

Thank you.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Although testing would be nice, it isn’t absolutely necessary. Many people start the treatment without any such testing.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Maz
    Keymaster

Were you thinking of starting with IV clindamycin? If so, getting infection testing can help to get insurance coverage, depending on the carrier.

GettingBetter
    Participant

Thanks for writing.

I was thinking of IV clindamycin if I can get it up here, and will have to pay for it and maybe even the mino if I don’t have testing. Or I may use clindamycin in capsules instead. So I think it would be wise to get the testing done. I’m in Canada and I shouldn’t have to pay for most tests out of pocket.

I was reading that it’s important to test because if lyme or other things are present, a different protocol is needed. Here’s one of the things I’m looking at.

But … it also says to stop any herbs etc. since they kill mycoplasma. I don’t want to stop the herbs because my case is at the state of a high degree of lung fibrosis and shortness of breath.

http://www.thepowerhour.com/news/mycoplasma_testing.htm

Thank you

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

But … it also says to stop any herbs etc. since they kill mycoplasma. I don’t want to stop the herbs because my case is at the state of a high degree of lung fibrosis and shortness of breath.

What herbs are you taking?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

GettingBetter
    Participant

Hi Phil,

Supplements I’m currently taking:

Barefoot Herbalist BFC capsules
    Barefoot Herbalist Lower Bowel Balance capsules

Barefoot Herbalist Longevity Spices
    Sunflower Lecithin
    Health Force Nutritionals Truly Natural Vitamin C
    Dark organic maple syrup
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Natural Traditions 30:1 camu camu
    (I mix all the above liquids in distilled water. It makes quite a cocktail.)

I also use therapeutic quality essential oils.

kater
    Participant

I am in Canada. What Province? I am in BC–what care you can get varies widely between provinces. You lucked out if you live in BC or can get here. I started AP and then tested for lyme and myco p later. Both positive. You can get myco p testing free through the lab if you can get a doctor to sign. Lyme and other things best to get done through Armin but you don’t have to spend a fortune. PM any time if you want to chat.
    good luck
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

GettingBetter
    Participant

Thanks kater, that helps.

Please what is Armin?

I’m grateful for the support.

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

I started AP for SD prior to any testing because I wanted to start as soon as possible to stop further progression. At that point I went to an LLMD who tested me for various infections in order to try and pinpoint what we were up against.

I tested positive for a number of infections. I seem to do really well on zithromycin + minocycline.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.