Home Forums General Discussion Problems with Private PM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vinny
    Participant

On the right side of the private message form is a box marked groups asking for: Volunteer, Registered User, or Newly Registered User. There is a default setting in it and it won’t let not select someone in the “GROUP” This is a new glitch since I never had a problem before. Nothing is showing up in my sent box either. I will stop doing any private messages until someone can advise of a fix.
    vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Suzanne
    Participant

Hi Vinny,

I think you somehow sent it to all members. I also have a hard time figuring out how to find someone when pm’ing them for the first time. I think it is easier to find one of their posts or go to the “members” section, click them and select “send pm”.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Maz
    Keymaster

@vinny wrote:

On the right side of the private message form is a box marked groups asking for: Volunteer, Registered User, or Newly Registered User. There is a default setting in it and it won’t let not select someone in the “GROUP” This is a new glitch since I never had a problem before. Nothing is showing up in my sent box either. I will stop doing any private messages until someone can advise of a fix.
    vinny

Vinny, Admin is checking into this issue and will get back to you shortly.

You mentioned not being able to see your outgoing PM in the “Sent messages” box. Did you also look in the “Outbox?” Wondering if it might be there, because this is where “unread” PMs sit until they are read, after which they get put into the “Sent messages” box. You can only delete PMs when they are still in the “Outbox” waiting to be read by the recipient. If it’s there still and you can delete it, it might halt others picking it up.

The box containing the “groups” on a new “Compose Message,” are just group designations (you would be a “registered user”). It isn’t necessary to do anything with this box when sending a PM as the system already knows your status. To add someone to a PM, just need to type their user name in the box and then click “Add” before typing your subject and message and submitting. If you need to find a member, Suzanne’s method works well – clicking on their user name in a post and then selecting PM. This automatically puts them as the recipient of the PM.

sandrabonfield
    Participant

Hello. Vinny I have just notice your message is in my messages by mistake. Also Maz I sent you a message last week, I can not find it anywhere. It is not in the outbox or sent, Is there anywhere else it could be.
    Sandra

Maz
    Keymaster

@sandrabonfield wrote:

Hello. Vinny I have just notice your message is in my messages by mistake. Also Maz I sent you a message last week, I can not find it anywhere. It is not in the outbox or sent, Is there anywhere else it could be.
    Sandra

Hi Sandra,

Didn’t receive pm from you. Did you click “add” when you typed my name into recipient box? Can’t think why else. Can you try again with a test pm to see if it goes thru? Thanks

sandrabonfield
    Participant

I sent another one plea could you let me know if you got it
    sandra

Maz
    Keymaster

@sandrabonfield wrote:

I sent another one plea could you let me know if you got it

Sorry, Sandra, nothing in my inbox from you. 🙁 Not sure what is happening, but you’re welcome to send an email to me at maz@roadback.org

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sandra – vinny’s PM inadvertently went to all registered users.

To send a PM
    Click on New PM
    Type in recipient’s username and click on add – do this for each member you are PMing.
    OR use the find a member function
    OR find a member and click on their username and then the ‘send PM’ function

Write message, preview it if you like, then click on submit

Messages go into the outbox, where it stays until the recipient opens it. (Messages only go into sent box once picked up by the recipient)

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.