Home Forums General Discussion Probiotics

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    MarlaCL
    Participant

Hi All
    Can you please tell me when you usually take your probiotics during the day and what quantity?
    Thank you

richie
    Participant

Are you taking an antibiotic –this makes a difference in size of dose of probiotic

MarlaCL
    Participant

Hello Richie
    I began 50 mg in July every other day. This week 100 mg minocycline every other day
    Also on cellcept and pantoloc.
    Severe lung fibrosis
    TIA

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Marla;
    the trick is to take probiotics at least 2 hours after the antibiotic.For me that is in the morning so around noon I take 50billion and an other 50billion before going to bed.That gives many hours for them to multiply in the gut.

MarlaCL
    Participant

Hi Lynne
    Thank you for the info!
    Do you take kefir or L glutamine for your gut or bone broth ?

richie
    Participant

Firstly -since you are taking antibiotic the dose has to be larger than indicated on bottle —I have used PB8 a common brand for about 20 years and never a problem –I take 5 at one time in the afternoon —

Red Lizzy
    Participant

Since you need lots of Probiotics due to AP, I would suggest trying VSL#3. It is a multi strain product with 112 billion CFU per capsule, I usually wait 3 hours after taking AP just to make sure the gut is free and clear of any antibiotic. Also one word of advice on using Cellcept and any antibiotic. Cellcept is a unique immune suppressant, it depends on gut bacteria to work properly, so according to the drug company that makes it, antibiotics should not be used when using Cellcept since it will not work as well. How much the difference will be is not stated, perhaps your doctor might know or the drug company can give you an idea. Something to check on if you will use both. Good luck!

Liz

Cathlo
    Participant

Hi Maria, I also drink kefir every day – the water kind. And I make a form of kimchi (without chillies as they don’t do me any good). There was some research recently reported on a UK radio programme that found kefir had the best probiotic life of comparisons with supplements, and probiotic drinks you can buy in supermarket – though i can’t remember which programme. At least, I am ensuring a variety, it’s homemade, and tastes good!

2013 Poor gut & low white blood cells. Jan 2014 RA symptoms. Diet - no gluten/dairy/nightshades/sugar. Started AP in Oct 2014. On Mino MTWTF. RA improved but still there. Many supplements.

MarlaCL
    Participant

Hi Cathlo
    Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.