Home Forums General Discussion Private Messaging Functions and Approving Posts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

We have quite a few queries about the inability to PM (private message) another forum member.

You need to have posted 3 times before you are allowed PM functions (whenever you joined the Forum). This is part of the Forum’s protection against SPAM, which we certainly dont want to get through to PM inboxes.

Also, for newbies, your first 3 posts will require Moderator approval before they can be seen on the open Forum. Again this is a SPAM protection. We do try to get to moderator logs as often as possible but there are very few of us and we are not all in the same time zone so we ask for patience if the initial 3 posts take a while to come up.

TO PM
    Click on ‘0 new messages’ above left
    Enter forum user name of recipient and click on submit (do this for each person if more than 1)
    Write your message
    Click on submit
    Note: in this system PMs stay in sender’s outbox until they are picked up by the recipient

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

SallyS
    Participant

Morning
    I posted a reply 2 days ago and it still didn’t go through…..just wondering what happened….
    Thanks
    Sally

Maz
    Keymaster

@SallyS wrote:

Morning
    I posted a reply 2 days ago and it still didn’t go through…..just wondering what happened….
    Thanks
    Sally

Hi Sally,

Just ran a search on your posts as there is currently no new posts waiting in the moderation queue. Here are your three posts to date…was it one of these or was there another?

search.php?author_id=9193&sr=posts

You’ve posted 3 times now, so your posts should go through automatically without further moderation. This system requires 3 posts to be made before this happens to weed out spammers.

SallyS
    Participant

Everything is OK now….I think. Thank you Maz

Maz
    Keymaster

@SallyS wrote:

Everything is OK now….I think. Thank you Maz

That’s good to hear, Sally – thanks! 🙂

Patti D
    Participant

Ok. Just read why my messages don’t go through 😳

Maz
    Keymaster

@Patti D wrote:

Ok. Just read why my messages don’t go through 😳

Hi Patti! 😀

What do you mean your messages aren’t going through? PMs? If so, you should be okay, as newcomers only need to post 3 times on the open forum before they can post PMs, but you’ve been a forum member for a long time now. Can you share more about what you mean?

Patti D
    Participant

Hi there Maz,
    I sent 2 messages your way and pretty sure after I hit reply they are still showing in my outbox>

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Patti

You’ve probably already seen Maz’s reply in the other thread. In this system, PM’s stay in the sender’s outbox until the recipient picks the message up. It doesnt mean that they haven’t gone. I know this is different to most email servers which is why it can be confusing. Just an anomaly in the phpbb format.

Great to see you back by the way. You’ve been missed. Hope things are well with you.

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Monia
    Participant

Hi,

I posted a reply a couple of days ago but it isn’t showing up.

Thanks,
    Monika

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Monia
    You have to post 3 times before your posts will go straight to the Forum. Before this, they require moderator approval as per explanatory post above. It is a spam preventive measure in the system.

Be well! Lynnie

alex
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve posted a reply a few days ago and it hasn’t been posted yet. Can someone please look into that. Thank you!
    Alex

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Alex,

Sorry for the delay. One of our moderators is on Holiday and I am just seeing this. However, I only saw this post in the approval queue. I did not see a prior post from you. Please try again and I will be more prompt with approval.

Cheryl

Anonymous
    Participant

Hello Lynnie,

I tried to post a response yesterday knowing that it would be moderated. However when I checked my email later in the day I was told it was refused because my computer has illegal or pirated software on it? I assure you that it doesn’t. Can you please look into this for me? I just joined your site and have found so much information on it that I’ve been looking for.

Thank you,
    Christine

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Christine:

I am so sorry! That was me. Trying to approve posts from the iPhone and my big thumbs accidentally hit the disapprove. I saw it immediately but had no way to rectify. I thought I had figured out who the person was, our system doesn’t show the detail after it us “disapproved” and I wrote them (the wrong person) a private message (they must be confused too!

I apologize! Please repost and I will be care file to click the correct tab

Cheryl Ferguson

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.