Home Forums General Discussion Prednazone vs bad inflamation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lor
    Participant

Hi,

I have lyme-RA.  I know how steroid are conterdicted for lyme.  But when the inflamation is so….. bad.  Which is worse to take the pred or be inflamed, with very low quality of life?  I have weined down to 2.5 2x day.  I have been at this dose for a month.  And the stiffness and pain are bad.  My LLMD says it is Babs die off.  I am taking mepron, azithromycin.  (I have been taking this for almost 4 months.  I have also been taking LDN for about 7 months.  

Nothing else works.  The lure of the pred and knowing how good I could feel.  I have been taking pred for about 8 months.

Any sugestions?  I also take flax seed oil.  I was taking Serracor-NK, but realized it had cq-10 in it and that is not good to take with mepron.  I do the epsen salt soaks, and differen detox teas.  Nothing helps.  Evenings are the worst. 

lori

:crying:

lori

Donna RA
    Participant

Hi,

Do you have access to a sauna, or hot tub?  They can help relieve the pain temporarily. You can ask your Doc about changing from Pred to Cortef, you may be able to have a larger dose of that witout creating havoc with Lyme, not sure, but I'd ask.

Hope you get refief soon, I feel for you,

Donna RA and Lyme

reesak
    Participant

Lori – I feel for you – I'm in exactly the same boat – Lyme and RA – on azithromycin and 5 mg of prednisone daily.  Want to get off the pred but tried to wean down but too inflamed.  I have been on the azithromycin for only a month and also take mino 50 mg daily.  I am going to contact my doctor to see if I can switch to every other day pred and maybe another anti-inflammatory.  Morning stiffness and pain is the worst for me.

Hang in there and hopefully something will work for you to reduce the inflammation!!

ReesaK

Valsmum
    Participant

I'm in a similar boat as you. I am weaning myself off prednisone too.  I have been taking it for about the same amount of time as you too. It made my glucose levels go up so I thinkit's time for me to end it before I keep dragging it on to one year.

One thing that helps with my inflamation is my diet. If I want to taper my prednisone I eat only fruits and veggies minus the nightshades. I just read in a book called “Infection Connection” if you have a strict diet it helps with the herx reaction. Maybe try it for a week or two and see if avoiding sugars, meats, starches and grains helps with your inflamation. I'm not a vegetarian , but for me when I eat really well my inflamation reduces alot.  Don't know if that was much help, but I hope you feel better.

lor
    Participant

Thanks for the responces.  Nice to know I am not alone, not that I would wish this on anyone.

I wil try the diet thing.  The Mepron has recked my appitite anyways.  Any veggies and fruit have been sounding good to me.  I can't afford to lose any more weight.

I did add 2.5mg more of pred. last night and I feel alot better this morning.  I plan to call my Doc.  He yells at me for not taking the pred. when I feel so…. bad.  He says adding a pill when I am bad will not hurt me. I just know how bad steroids are.

Do people on pred., able to get off it easyer as the abx kill the bugs? 

lori

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Prednazone vs bad inflamation’ is closed to new replies.