Home Forums General Discussion Potaba vs Neprinol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rlane19
    Participant

My Doc suggested Potaba over Neprinol since I have some GERD issues.  Anyone have any experience with Potaba?

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2234]rlane19[/user] wrote:

My Doc suggested Potaba over Neprinol since I have some GERD issues.  Anyone have any experience with Potaba?

Hi Rlane,

Just did a search using the box above and came up with a thread where someone was using Potaba:

http://rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=517&forum_id=1&highlight=potaba

Haven't seen these members for a while, but you could trying PMing them to see if you get a response perhaps?

Peace, Maz

Denyse
    Participant

Just updated my other thread.

But yes I had good success with potaba through a prescrition from my family doctor. And it is coveered by health plans, it is very expensive.

Very important to take on a full stomach or while eating as it can be hard on the stomach.

The prescription comes with the recommended dosage, I could not take that much. As I ended up with a side effect that is not always mentioned but after hours of googling it I found that it can cause anxiety. But it will go away if the dose is lowered and gradually ramped up again.

I had severe muscle and tissue hardening on my hands and arms all the way to my shoulders, chest, back, pretty much my whole trunk and patches on my left leg. Facial involvement as well. Potaba and minocin together has helped alot. My skin is slowly softening and the biggest improvement was with my face, I can open my mouth alot wider to eat properly now. I am starting to see wrinkles once again.

And my joints feel alot better, I am riding my bike again and gardening a little as well.

CANADIAN LIVING IN CANADA
    Diagnosis/ Diffuse Scleroderma since 05/2006
    Current Meds: Methotrexate, Minocin, Zantac, Rabeprozale, Zopiclone
    Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ
    Current Extras: FIR

Kim
    Participant

Hi Denyse,

So happy you're turning things around and getting your life back from this dreadful disease. 🙂  Keep doing whatever you're doing that's working. 😉  Crazy that we get excited to see our wrinkles return, eh?

Have you tried using an infrared sauna?  It does wonders for thinning blood and improving circulation, especially for SD skin.

Take care…..kim

ickyvicky
    Participant

hi 😯

how and where du u gt to use infrared sauna??

thx ickyvicky

ickyvicky
    Participant

hi :roll-laugh:

im gonna try the mino and potaba c how it works 4 me…:shock:

richie
    Participant

Hi-Have you considered using the brand instead of generic –there have been instances where no response on generic –change to brand and results obtained —Many many folks in New York train or drive up to Canada – if cost is a factor -just over into Montreal and obtain a 90 or 180 day supply with a prescription and bring it down —
    richie

Kim
    Participant

[user=451]ickyvicky[/user] wrote:

hi 😯

thx ickyvicky

My sauna came from http://www.saunex.com, but there are many models available on Ebay for reasonable prices.  I soooooo recommend it for SD. 😉

Take care…..kim

p.s. you can use the “search” button and read many previous posts on what models people around here are using and their comments.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=451]ickyvicky[/user] wrote:

Hi Vicky,

Here is the model I got, but it was a gift and I might not have spent this much on one if I'd bought it myself, as there are less expensive portable ones out there, too.

http://www.evolutionhealth.com/Infrared_Saunas/fibercarbon/infrared-sauna-1personCarbon.html

The carbon-panelled ones seem to be really good, as they heat up a bit faster than the ceramic heater ones, so I understand. Also important to ensure the sauna is contructed with non-toxic materials (like glues).

Peace, Maz

ickyvicky
    Participant

Hi Richie =)
    Which generic brand r u referring to the potaba or minocycline?
    Thx viki..

ickyvicky
    Participant

Hi every1 😯
    I just got outaf riteaid they want 180.00$ for 180 tblets for POTABA!
    (Brand)name
    Duz ne1 noe of a brand my insurance mite cover?
    Generic is 108.00
    Thx a whole bunch

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Vicky,

What do you normally pay for a 30-day prescription of a generic drug? I have BC/BS and I normally pay $10. That's what I've been paying every time I get my Rx for doxy filled.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

ickyvicky
    Participant

Hi , i have HIP(hEALTH iNSURANCE pLAN OF NY) VIP DUAL ELIGIBLE.I HAVE $0 COPAY AND $2.25 FOR GENERIC $6.20 FOR BRANDNAME THEY USUALLY ARE GOOD :crying:.

what state r u in?

I will call them , but what shud in say?

thx Vicky:roll-laugh:

ickyvicky
    Participant

Hi Denyse, a pleaure to meet u.  My insurance company as per rite aid , doesnt cover Potaba at all!! i would like to call my insurance company but what shud i tell them???

I have HIP (Health Insurance Plan of NY) and i have a $0 copay for Dx visits, $2.30 for generic $6.20 Brandnames…Idk im confussed :headbang:

Thx Vicky

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Vicky,

Are you saying that your health insurance doesn't cover either Potaba or the generic version, or just the Potaba? I can't see why they wouldn't cover the generic. Is there another pharmacy you could try? Maybe the problem is with Rite Aid and not with your insurance.

By the way, the price they charge for this drug is outrageous. I could easily make this drug in my kitchen for very little money (seriously). I could buy the ingredients I need to make it for less than $20.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ Potaba vs Neprinol’ is closed to new replies.