Home Forums General Discussion Post technical issues with New Forum Here

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Wendy
    I see that you have now worked out how to post as I see you have started a thread. To use the search function, go to the search box at the top of General Discussion page and type in one or two key words re anything you want to see previous discussion on (e.g. ‘speckled ANA’), click submit – and past posts that include those one or two words will come up for you to look through. There are some useful tips on how to make best use of the Forum in the announcement posts and “stickies” that always stay up at the top of the lists of topics that are worth reading as they may help you to navigate your way around. Also the Forum’s FAQ’s (top right) should also help.

If you want to be notified by email when replies are received to a topic you have started, check the box in the options at the bottom. You can also set your board preferences to always do this in your own User Control Panel (top left). Additionally, you can input some information about your situation into a signature – which will come up every time you post. Go to User Control Panel, Profile, Edit Signature – input the info and then submit. You can change this any time you want.

Hope this helps!

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

sunny22
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,
    I am having the same issue as MJ. Also, i am having trouble getting PMs to get sent (they are sitting in out box).
    Thanks for all you do!
    Sunny22

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi sunny
    In terms of messages sitting in your outbox, they all do in this system until the recipient picks them up. Doesn’t mean they haven’t been sent, just not opened.
    is that the issue mj is having or is there something else?

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

sunny22
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie, i was just doing some digging and read that the msgs sit in outbox til they are picked up. I am still trying to learn my way around the forum. I still am trying to figure out how to put my illnesses and treatment on the bottom of my posts like i see on other members posts. Would that info be listed in the Q&A section? Thank for being so helpful! It will take me a while to learn how to maneuver this site!
    Sunny

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

sunny
    to put your info at bottom of posts (will come up every time you post):
    click on User Control Panel (top left) then Profile, then put your info into the signature box and click on submit. You can update it any time you want by doing the same.

There are other good tips in the Announcement and Information posts which stay at the top of General Discussion topic lists. Worth reading ๐Ÿ˜€

Be well! Lynnie

sunny22
    Participant

Thank you for your help Lynnie!

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Lynnie, I never get any msg now a days, I wonder why?
    Eva โ“

Eva Holloway

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Do you mean alerts to responses on the Forum etc Eva?

Be well! Lynnie

A Friend
    Participant

Sunny, Lynnie, All,
    Something I forget from time to time is that when there is something on the screen that is important to us, and we’d like to have a copy of it, we can click “File” at the top left of the screen, and then see the option to click Print or Print Preview. If we want a printout of the page for quick reference, we can print it. Am thinking this might be helpful, especially for new people.
    AF

@sunny22 wrote:

Thanks Lynnie, i was just doing some digging and read that the msgs sit in outbox til they are picked up. I am still trying to learn my way around the forum. I still am trying to figure out how to put my illnesses and treatment on the bottom of my posts like i see on other members posts. Would that info be listed in the Q&A section? Thank for being so helpful! It will take me a while to learn how to maneuver this site!
    Sunny

Anonymous
    Participant

Can you please tell me how to change my username? Thank you!!!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Angie – you can’t change a username once registered. But you can register again and choose another name. Unfortunately you will not be able to merge new posts with the old though and you will need to post 3 times with moderator approval before post is “live” on the board (spam preventive measure)

Be well! Lynnie

A Friend
    Participant

Lynnie, I just noticed at the top of screen: On the top left side is given the current date. On the top right side of the screen it reads: Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:48 pm
    I just saw this for the first time, and don’t know what this “last visit” info is referring to — since I’ve been here many times since that date. So, would appreciate your explaining this to me?

Thanks for being here to help us along.
    AF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi AF
    Hadn’t noticed that either!
    What I think is probably the case is that you stay logged in a lot of the time (i.e. don’t logout and login again all the time). It’s the same for me. I was on yesterday, but it says my last login was the day before. System probably only picks up logins – as, if you just close the window, you are still technically logged in. Alternatively, maybe it only picks up when people post. That’s all I can think of!

Be well! Lynnie

A Friend
    Participant

Lynnie,
    Since the date they have me last logged on was about a year & a half ago, I’m wondering if perhaps this could have been caused by an incidence once when I could not log in, and was given a new code to use to sign in? I don’t remember exact details now. But, am wondering if changing my password, or some other procedure, might result in “resetting” the verbage now showing??? (Just trying to “think outside the box” here… without understanding cause and effect re: the problem.
    Thanks for being here to help us!)
    AF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

AF – don’t think its’ that. It still has my last visit as Friday (my time) and I’ve been on several times since then. System sometimes makes me re-authenticate myself when doing admin things, sometimes not. It’s an old version of phpbb and an even older server….think we’ll put it down to the increasing anomalies that sometimes accompany age……..offset by the increasing wisdom of course ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Be well! Lynnie

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.