Home Forums General Discussion Possible Good News that Minocin Brand Now Available in US 100 mg though Bausch

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

What is the full dose of minocycline and clindamycin regimen you are thinking of?

I wasn’t thinking of a particular regimen. But here’s one possibility for the clindamycin:

“Some physicians have had success using clindamycin orally (i.e. 1200 mg.) in a single weekly dose instead of in IV or IM.”

Source: https://www.roadback.org/resources/recommended-reading-viewing/pulsed-antibiotic-protocol-and-rationale/

Are you saying I might be able to get away with generic mino if I take it every day?

Not necessarily. It depends on why the generic minocycline doesn’t seem to be working for you, and we don’t really know the answer to that yet.

By the way, there’s another option to consider. Some LLMDs use a high dose of doxycycline to treat Lyme Disease — 200 mg twice a day. That may work better for you than the normal dose of minocycline. So that gives you two options to consider: minocycline plus clindamycin or doxycycline plus clindamycin.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

CMS12
    Participant

Hi Redrock – No, I don’t think you’ve become resistant to Minocycline. Of course, I can’t know that for certain, but the fact that Minocin still worked for you when you could get it implies that based on my experience. Keep trying different generics. You might want to give Torrent generic a try. I know Richie is taking that successfully and now Phil says he is. It also worked for me. I take it everyday once a day at 100 mg.

Hope that helps. Like you, I’m praying for a miracle and Minocin to be available again.

Cindy

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

I’ve been on Aurobindo mino and lately I really haven’t been doing well. I also noticed the pills changed color a bit and the lettering is different. So I went in a couple days ago to ask pharmacist the for price for name brand minocin and for me without insurance it would be 2000$ a month for 60 pills. 🙁

So I switched to torrent and just started that.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Maz
    Keymaster

That’s extortionate, Pinkmoth! 😳 If interested, try to connect with LeeRobert because she managed to get 60 caps for $332.00. If that’s affordable, you might be able to get it mail ordered to you from her pharmacy?

Minocin and generic minocycline

redrock
    Participant

Update:

Honestly, sometimes I think I prefer to wait for an email that will never come than to actually call these companies because I don’t want to hear bad news! Anyway, here is an update.

I called the new Bausch Health this morning at 800-321-4576. To get through, you press 7, and then 2. I say this in case people want to start calling and urging them to re-stock the 100 mg.

This is what I learned:

100 mg is “still on back-order.” I asked if the rep had any idea when or if this would be available and she did not know.
    75 mg has been discontinued.
    50 mg is available, as in, “we are still making it.”

Minocin is not part of the patient assistance program that they have for other medications.

I called CVS and asked if they had the 50 mg and was told they did not have it in stock. The pharmacist said she’d check to see if it could be ordered and then came back and said she could not even order it from her distributor; she could only get generic.

So bottom line is you MAY be able to get the 50 mg if you can find a pharmacy that can order it for you. If anyone has luck obtaining it, particularly one of the big-box pharmacies, please post.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.