Home Forums General Discussion pain on bottom of feet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I haven’t posted much lately, but now I have this nasty cold and I am treating it as Dr. K. advised me with Zicam and Zyrtec. I started to have issues with the bottom of my feet. Very painful, cracked and bleeding on some spots. I have been treating them with Vaseline with E and aloe, which seems to help, but they are still tender and I walk slowly and like on eggs. I used to have this problem many years ago when I was very ill with my RA, Sjorgren Syndrome and Dermatomyositis. I am still taking minocyclin MWF and Biaxin TTS plus lots of the usual supplements.
    I just recently had a total check-up by Dr. K and my pulmonary and have progressed real well. So could all this be from this nasty cold? I am not running fever, just kind of sleepy from the meds, I do drink lots of liquid like water and juice thinned with water since I don’t like juices very heavy.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

Krys
    Participant

Hi Eva,
    I think you’ve probably solved your puzzle yourself!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

In all chronic diseases our body systems are trying very hard to maintain the balance and when we are feeling good, it is an indication that the body is succeeding. But little things, like a cold, can easily throw it off the balance into an overwhelmed state and then all kinds of things can go wrong.
    I think the pain on the bottom of feet is connected to the cold, maybe overworked spleen ( due to cold), extra die-off and overtaxed right now detox pathways.
    Donna Eden, my favorite energy meridians “guru”, says that everything on the bottom of the foot (she means the heel of the foot, not the whole foot) signifies spleen meridian. As during a cold spleen always has to work harder, it makes sense that you have noticed it right now. You may also notice that the heel of the foot is slightly numb.

Cracking and bleeding skin, if it is sudden and associated with the cold, maybe could mean, outside of extra need for some vitamins/minerals, that there’s some toxicity (less than happy liver and kidneys)?
    It manifested this way for me numerous times and now there’s clear toxicity = sudden, horrible bout of eczema with cracking and peeling off skin for my husband. And he had always had, all his life, perfect, young, supple and healthy skin.

So, outside of using oils on your feet, maybe you could soak them in very warm Epsom salts + baking soda foot soak? Or any other detoxifying foot soak (e.g.: 1TBSP of ground mustard seed + 1tsp of cayenne pepper in warm water for 20 minutes, unless it is too burning for that long). Scrape any dead skin off, rinse with warm water and apply emollients/oils.

@Eva Holloway wrote:

I have been treating them with Vaseline with E and aloe, which seems to help, but they are still tender and I walk slowly and like on eggs.

That sounds good and it absorbs well, too! You may add some Vit. A to help the skin. I pierce a few capsules with the needle, squeeze the liquid into any jar of cream/oil I use on my skin.
    You can also try supplementing vitamins/minerals directly into affected areas by massaging some raw, unprocessed oils into your feet right after the soak. Extra virgin Olive oil, Hemp seed oil, Coconut oil. Butter and lard would be good, too, and lard based Calendula Oil is exquisite! If the problem persists, you can look into oils with more healing properties or medicated ones. Do you still use Bag Balm?
    I think oatmeal water bath for the feet or soaking them in boiled Flax Seed liquid should help the skin a lot!

I just recently had a total check-up by Dr. K and my pulmonary and have progressed real well.

This is wonderful news!!! Congratulations!
    I hope it all resolves once the cold is over,
    Krys

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Thanks Krys, I will try the oatmeal soak because cayenne pepper burns my skin. Also may add some other oil to the cream. My cold is getting better or lets put it this way it is going away slowly and my feet feel better
    Evca ๐Ÿ™‚

Eva Holloway

Krys
    Participant

@Eva Holloway wrote:

My cold is getting better or lets put it this way it is going away slowly and my feet feel better
    Evca ๐Ÿ™‚

Yay!!! What matters is that it is improving. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Stay healthy!
    Krys

Suni-One
    Participant

Vaseline is toxic – it is made from petrochemicals. You’d be better off oiling your feet with organic coconut oil then covering them with socks while the oil absorbs.

If you want to find out how toxic the products you’re using are, go to EWG.com (Environmental Working Group) – its free and check out Vaseline. I threw all of mine – including a big bottle of Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion into the garbage – because it is garbage and now only buy organic or use coconut oil.

Hope you’re feeling better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.