Home Forums General Discussion Pain is back – OWWWWW!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cookie
    Participant

In 2006 my RA factors indicated the presence of the disease and I started on mino.

Last July, 2008 I stopped taking mino as my tests showed negative to RA.  My hands are now quite sore and a finger is swollen.  After recent testing again my results are perfect.  Should I start my mino again?   I was taking the mino 2xday M-W-F.

I am now taking some naproxen every other day to relieve the pain.

Any advice.  I'm not sure how to proceed. 

Thank you!!!  🙂

Diagnosed with RA in 2005. Taking minocycline M W F. Taking B vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, vit E, calcium, vit D, DHEA, zinc, magnesium taurine, curcumin, msm, GLA, vitamin C, glutathione capsules. Using topical ointments for pain such as Voltaren. Drinking lactose free milk, eating lean meat such as chicken and fruits and veggies. Exercising 3 times a week.
    My side effects of mino are hyperpigmentation of my face/neck and darkening of my gums and whites of eyes which is very distressing. Diagno

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=593]cookie[/user] wrote:

I'm not sure how to proceed. 

Hi Cookie,

So sorry to hear your RA is back. Don't despair…sounds like you responded very well last time and you should again. 🙂

Were you working with an AP doc before? If so, it might be a good idea to get back in touch with them to let them know that your symptoms are creeping back.

If you'd like an AP doc list for your state, let us know where you are located and we'll get a list off to you in a private message.

If you have leftover minocycline from when you stopped before, don't take it, because it's likely very close to its expiry date. Mino has a shelf life of one year from filling the script. To go beyond that date could be dangerous to your kidneys, as the tetracyclines become toxic after that point. You'd need to get a new script filled.

Whenever starting or re-starting AP after a break, an experience AP doc will usually have the patient start very low and slow to avoid an intolerable herx situation. This is something to discuss with your doc.

Glad you re-found us, but so sorry to hear you're experiencing symptoms again. Very wise to get on top of this before it grabs hold again.

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Cookie – it sounds like you may have sero-negative RA – which is only diagnosed by clinical exam. Or possibly Palindromic RA (which comes and goes and often blood markers follow the clinical symptoms). I am with Maz re her suggestion to get on top of this as fast as possible and, if possible, find an AP Doc to work with if you dont currently have one. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

cookie
    Participant

Hi: Thank you so much for your help.  I do have an AP doctor.  I am trying to get an appointment with him ASAP, but, he is a very busy busy doctor.

I have thrown out my old RX of mino as I thought it could be dangerous to use.

I will have to proceed slowly so that I do not experience a herx.  I remember having a herx before and it was not very pleasant.

I'm grateful for this site and for the encouraging words and excellent advice.

Thanks ladies!!!

Cookie  

Diagnosed with RA in 2005. Taking minocycline M W F. Taking B vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, vit E, calcium, vit D, DHEA, zinc, magnesium taurine, curcumin, msm, GLA, vitamin C, glutathione capsules. Using topical ointments for pain such as Voltaren. Drinking lactose free milk, eating lean meat such as chicken and fruits and veggies. Exercising 3 times a week.
    My side effects of mino are hyperpigmentation of my face/neck and darkening of my gums and whites of eyes which is very distressing. Diagno

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Cookie – it is probably more a matter of keeping the herx response at tolerable levels. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Pain is back – OWWWWW!!!!’ is closed to new replies.