Home Forums General Discussion Ozone Autohemotherapy? Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kater
    Participant

Hi all
    just wondering if anyone has any experience with Ozone Autohemotherapy, or UV Blood irradiation—for Lyme disease in particular. These are both integrative medicine IV therapies. They have been recommended for my Lyme but still researching. I would love to hear from someone who has some experience with these.
    thanks
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Kate,

Although I haven’t looked into them, I would be wary. The bacteria that cause Lyme Disease are mostly found in body tissue, so treating the blood is unlikely to do much (if any) good. Because of that, my guess is that those “treatments” would probably do more harm than good.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Hi—Photopheresis is far from an alternative approach –it is very much main stream cutting edge –suggest you look up Yale medical School Photopheresis unit –this is the most advanced UV irradiation method —
    richie

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Kate,

You may have mentioned this before, but do you have Raynaud’s?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

kater
    Participant

Hi Phil and Richie
    thanks for your replies. Sorry to be slow in responding–bit chaotic here with just returning from travels and people moving in and out of the house–not to mention getting treatment for Lyme! Yes I have Raynaud’s. I have to search for the info from the doc, but what he said was that the therapy helps to flush bacteria out of the tissues so the antiobiotics and immune system can reach them. When I am a bit better organized here I will find a proper quote. I did look at the Yale literature. Very interesting though I see most of it has to do with cancer treatment. There seems to be different therapies–ozone only, Uv only, or combination. While these therapies seem logical to me, I do wonder about their safety. Would love to hear from someone who has tried them. Not terribly expensive here–about 100$ a session and 8 being recommended. Thanks.
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Kate,
    @kater wrote:

I have to search for the info from the doc, but what he said was that the therapy helps to flush bacteria out of the tissues so the antiobiotics and immune system can reach them. When I am a bit better organized here I will find a proper quote.

I would want to see some proof or strong evidence that supports that claim. Preferably, published research studies, but if they don’t exist then I would want to know exactly how, on a biochemical level, these treatments help to “flush bacteria out of the tissues.”

Have you been experiencing any Herxheimer or “die-off” reactions from the antibiotics that you are taking?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Hi–I looked into photopheresis extensively when my scleroderma was real bad –it is thought to have good effects on skin problems –primary use is still for T-Cell lymphoma –I really wasnt convinced about results for folks with scleroderma –I spoke with quite a few people awhile back who went to Yale –results werent exciting to say the least —as to anti-bacterial claims –I am highly sceptical –Some of these alternative doctors have grabbed on to this and use a very simplistic approach when in fact photopheresis is highly complex with many different systems and requires extensive training —
    richie

kater
    Participant

Thanks again Richie and Phil
    I will proceed in this investigation and inquiry with cautious skepticism as I always do! At some levels I am okay with running on faith and anecdotals as we all know there are giant holes and gaps in the studies.
    In answer to your question Phil, I have not had much herxing–at least nothing like I have read about, and nothing easily defined. I have been on AP 5 months and after the first month my symptoms did get worse for a month before stabilizing, so I would say that was a herx. I notice after my clindy day (oral) my fingers are more stiff sometimes. Last week my Clindamycin got switched to 4 days on 3 days off and I have been more tired and stiff than usual so I guess that is a herx. My feet were burning a bit last night and that is new–the doc thinks I may have Bartonella so will know in a few weeks. Before the med changes I was feeling pretty close to normal save for the tight skin on my chest and neck and even that was only tight when I did extreme stretches. I am very impressed with how my body is handling all this and very grateful I was so healthy before all this happened.
    I didn’t know you had SD Richie. I hope you are both doing well and I am appreciative to be the beneficiary of all your knowledge and research.
    One point in favour of the doc on this issue, he did not suggest that I have the treatment with him because of the travel involved, but said if I was interested he would try to find someone closer to home for me. That tells me he probably believes in the therapy and not just about the money. I was impressed with his Lyme knowledge in general and relieved to have a doc at all–this self doctoring with website guidance is all a little scary at times. I hope he knows what he is doing! I think he is the only Lyme doc in this huge province.
    I found the links online so you can take a look if you like. http://www.pannaturopathic.com/ozone-lyme-treatment.html
    http://www.pannaturopathic.com/photox.html Sorry not sure why those are not working links. Copy and paste I guess, Sorry
    have a great day!
    kate

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Kate,
    @kater wrote:

I found the links online so you can take a look if you like. http://www.pannaturopathic.com/ozone-lyme-treatment.html
    http://www.pannaturopathic.com/photox.html

Thanks. Although interesting, I didn’t find the information on those pages particularly convincing. Is that your doctor’s web site?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

kater
    Participant

Yes it is his website, Thanks for looking Phil
    kate

richie
    Participant

Hi—Its basically safe to say I dont have SD any longer -full remission for a good six years or so now —
    richie

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.