Home Forums General Discussion Off topic/Lyme in pets

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi All;
    I know I should have posted this months ago but totally forgot.The maps are really good.Maz,I wonder what your dad would say about this.I just love Dr.Becker as she has a lot of brilliant ideas and I sure can use them with my big menagerie.She practices holistic medicine as much as possible.I had a cat that was not doing well at all and had lost all the pink colouring in his lips and nose along with a lot of weight.I know that is an almost sure sighn of kidney failure but I had kept one of her articles that mentioned that plain old vitamin B could turn things around.It did in 4 days,George got his pink back,hair stopped falling out and he started eating again.
    A good vet is just as precious as a good AP doc.

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2014/07/16/tick-borne-disease-prevention.aspx?e_cid=20140716Z1_PetsNL_art_1&utm_source=petnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20140716Z1&et_cid=DM52712&et_rid=586953887

Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks for the prevalence map link, Lynne. I think much info can be discerned for humans from maps that both vets and entomologists produce on tick-borne diseases. They’re probably more reliable than maps of “reported” cases for humans as docs just don’t have time to report these.

I think my Dad – who was also a vet – would love anything that “First, does no harm.” He was all for old-fashioned remedies and pharmaceutical treatments that could get the job done with the fewest side-effects. I once asked him about diarrhea for my lab and he said to let her drink cold black tea….it worked. 🙂 He was not at all surprised when I told him I was choosing abx therapy for my RA. He said he used to treat pigs with arthritis for mycoplasma infection with Tylosin, a veterinary abx that has bacteriostatic macrolide properties.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.