Home Forums General Discussion No question Insurance wont cover minocin brand for me after mar 2016

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Boris
    Participant

Hi,
    I see where it says on the buylow page that “Minocin is a tetracycline antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections. This medicine is not effective treating infections caused by viruses”. What is your opinion on whether scleroderma is suspected to be caused by lyme?

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I see where it says on the buylow page that “Minocin is a tetracycline antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections. This medicine is not effective treating infections caused by viruses”. What is your opinion on whether scleroderma is suspected to be caused by lyme?

Hi Boris,

Are you asking if Lyme is a virus?

I started collecting research for a SD/Lyme connection….there is a bit more to add, but plenty for you to wade through at the following link:

https://www.roadback.org/forums/topic/growing-body-of-evidence-points-to-infectious-causes-for-sd/

richie
    Participant

`I dont really have food sensitivities or allrgies generally –as long as it doesnt contain ragweed I should be ok !!!!!!LOL

Boris
    Participant

Hi Maz,
    How are you? I hope you’re doing well. Thanks for sending those links! Actually, I might have been thinking that one of the bands of lyme could be a virus but its not. Borrelia Burgdorferi is a bacterium/parasite. I believe the root cause of the scleroderma that I’m dealing with is caused by BB so that is why the description caught my attention. I will try the Minocin MR on from this as well. I went to 3 pharms and the cost of Minocin at the current time is $4K. This is totally insane! I used Teva for the 1st couple of months this year. I did like it but cannot get it right now either. I need to look at the previous correspondence on the Watson and Ranbaxy generics to see the feedback on those generics. Dynocin appears to be difficult to get as well. If anyone finds a pharmacy that carries the Teva brand please post. Thanks!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Maz,
    How are you? I hope you’re doing well. Thanks for sending those links! Actually, I might have been thinking that one of the bands of lyme could be a virus but its not. Borrelia Burgdorferi is a bacterium/parasite. I believe the root cause of the scleroderma that I’m dealing with is caused by BB so that is why the description caught my attention. I will try the Minocin MR on from this as well. I went to 3 pharms and the cost of Minocin at the current time is $4K. This is totally insane! I used Teva for the 1st couple of months this year. I did like it but cannot get it right now either. I need to look at the previous correspondence on the Watson and Ranbaxy generics to see the feedback on those generics. Dynocin appears to be difficult to get as well. If anyone finds a pharmacy that carries the Teva brand please post. Thanks!

Hi Boris,

Always nice to see you here and thank you for your kind wishes – I wish you the same!

Regarding the western blot “bands,” these are numbered and specific to a person’s immune system response to various borrelial proteins. For e.g. Band 41 is known to be an antibody response to a spirochete’s whip-like tail (called a flagella). Perhaps you meant that some antibody bands can test positive but are false readings, because they have cross-reacted with a virus? This can occur with Band 31, which is why IGeneX labs offers an etiope test to confirm whether or not the positive antibody band was reactive due to Lyme or a virus. I know – it’s confusing!

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble finding your Teva generic and that Minocin in the US is so extortionate! It’s a shameful mess and a stain on regulatory bodies that allow this kind of price-gouging. Yes, it’s a free market, but when mighty corporations mess with human health, there needs to be an ethical standard. At least the American Medical Association is trying to do something to change this situation and Valeant, who now own Minocin, are being investigated by the Senate.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-04/u-s-senators-to-investigate-valeant-turing-on-drug-price-hikes

Let’s hope this situation gets sorted out soon. In the meantime, you might just need to run some extensive online searches to look for your generic Teva. This site came up for me, but not sure if it’s still relevant or not. Try the store locator at the foot of the page and perhaps you could call to see if any Rxall stores stock the Teva in your area?

http://www.rexall.ca/articles/view/653/Teva-Minocycline

richie
    Participant

`Hi Just renewed my minocin –received 180 capsules –no problem –next renewal should be interesting –richie

Maz
    Keymaster

`Hi Just renewed my minocin –received 180 capsules –no problem –next renewal should be interesting –richie

That’s good news, Richie! Fingers crossed for your March order.

Boris
    Participant

Thank you Maz! I’ll do the online search today and if I find a location for Teva, I will post it.

I’m happy you received your order Richie.

Boris
    Participant

Hopefully the relationship with Valeant and Walgreens will be good news for us and minocin will be included in the distribution deal by mid 2016:

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/15/

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.