Home Forums General Discussion No Medicines from India for me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    richie
    Participant

Hi got a sore throat and doctor added a z-pak –get the z-pak home and see its made in India –I looked it up and found that imports from a plant in India owned by APO has been banned for entry into the US then a bigger surprise their Canadian facilities which was inspected by the US FDA is deficient and they have been issued warnings –I returned the unopened z-pak to my pharmacist in exchange for one made by Sandoz -as I have standing instructions –no India —its easy to figure out when the ban went into effect APO must have dumped their generics in the US at very low prices before their sales really slump !!!
    richie

Cangirl
    Participant

Thanks, Richie for posting that info. I have been researching the APO brand myself. I was having success on APO until the past month or so when some symptoms started to return. Another friend on the forum brought it to my attention as she was having similar problems. In researching APO, I read about the inconsistencies and poor quality of pharmaceuticals from India. I didn’t want to risk the great progress I have had, so I made the switch and am getting back on track with TEVA.

DianaW13
    Participant

Glad to hear you are getting back on track!

I brought this to the attention of my pharmacist. He was very good about it, but unfortunately it won’t get any further than that. He told me that the drug company could argue reasons why it was possibly less effective, i.e. where I may have stored it, etc. Maybe if more people would come forward to their pharmacies it would get noticed???? What else are we to do?

Like you, Apo was fine for the past year and a half for me. It seems to be this batch. However, because of this inconsistency on their part, I have now switched over to the TEVA brand and will continue with TEVA.

All the best to you,

Diana

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Why is it so many pharmacies carry Ranbaxy? CVS does. Target does. Even Medicine Shoppe which is upscale does.

richie
    Participant

Hi Its cheaper –
    richie

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Gotcha!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.