Home Forums General Discussion Study on Probiotics and RA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Last week we were talking about Microbiome around here and cool research being done on that. So I’ve spent a little time searching out more stuff and going down all sorts of rabbit holes. Anyhow, I found this bit of research on the potential benefits of probiotics themselves on RA – specifically the L Casei strain. Thought you all would like to see this for yourself. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24355439

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Spiffy1

Thank you!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Suzanne
    Participant

Thank you for sharing! I thought it was too good to be true that this study was done at the NIH, and I was right. Here is the author information:
    Vaghef-Mehrabany E1, Alipour B2, Homayouni-Rad A3, Sharif SK4, Asghari-Jafarabadi M5, Zavvari S6.
    Author information
    Department of Nutrition, Biochemistry and Diet Therapy, Faculty of Nutrition, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran.
    Department of Community Nutrition, Faculty of Nutrition, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran.
    Department of Food Science and Technology, Faculty of Nutrition, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran. Electronic address: Homayounia@tbzmed.ac.ir.
    Rheumatology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran.
    Road Traffic Injury Prevention Research Center, Faculty of Health, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran.
    Department of Public Health and Management, Faculty of Health, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Suzanne, I stand corrected. I have changed the title of this post to remove “NIH”…my misunderstanding.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.