Home Forums General Discussion Newcomer’s Story – Thanks for listening :-)

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy1

Read Wheat Belly and No Grain No Pain. These are two books that will help you look at food differently. I probably need to reread them.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

Jamie,
    I had weight gain happen as well but a number of other doctors would tell me my thyroid was normal. I had been reading on Stopthethyroidmadness so suspected they might be in error.

I found a thyroid support page on Facebook for people in my state. They had curated a list of doctors who were very knowledgeable about thyroid treatment and who used Natural Dessicated Thyroid in their treatments. I went to one, she started me on NDT (naturethroid brand) and iodine and my usual metabolism seems to have returned (and my energy level is much higher!)

You may be able to do something similar and get a second opinion on your thyroid.

I’m really glad to see you’re going to try the diet. Making dietary changes are so difficult, but you get used to it after a while and stop looking at/being bothered by stuff on your “not allowed” list. And I can also basically guarantee you’re going to feel improvement with the changes.

Especially being taken off Mino for a month (seems strange to me) the diet is going to be your most important tool – giving you at least SOME control over how you’re feeling day to day.

Also remember that the changes aren’t permanent for everybody. I am able to eat whole wheat now and occasional dairy after omitting it on the elimination diet. But it’s because I’ve been working hard at healing my gut and the first step of that is removing imflammatory triggers. But my point is, thinking of it all as temporary may be helpful.

Good luck, you can do this!

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

I also take 200mg Celebrex twice a day, Estrogen 1/2mg once a day, and Cytomel 25mg once a day.

Some people have complained that Celebrex caused them to gain weight. So consider asking your doctor for a prescription for a different NSAID such as meloxicam (Mobic) or nabumetone (Relafen). It may help.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.