Home Forums General Discussion New virus discovered in human gut.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

One of the news headlines today on the BBC, was the that scientists have discovered a new virus in the gut that is linked to chronic illness. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news then click on the link to health.

Maz
    Keymaster

Nice find, Lemons! Could be in 20 or 30 years doctors will be curing cancers and autoimmune diseases so easily just by modifying certain bugs and looking back at these times as being pretty primitive.

richie
    Participant

Hi I am not as optimistic as you —its now 15 years Since I found scleroderma or should I say it found me –except for antibiotic which is still not widely accepted -ZERO Progress is treating the disease in spite of an antibiotic approach really having been proven –some progress in treating some of problems associated with SD such as lungs –zero in treating fibrosis tho —I really have mixed feelings –on the one hand I really do believe in mainstream medicine but one must be very selective in choosing the ” right ” doctor –the other hand tells me mainstream medicine for the most part is not too quick to admit the lack of progress and is loathe to change —rather they rely on the same old tired treatments —that is why if one finds a forward looking doctor –hang on to him or her –its rare —I really believe in fifteen years from now –same old story

by the way I am not just talking about SD –lupus is even a sadder story —I can probably find another twenty thirty illnesses with the same tale .
    richie

Maz
    Keymaster

@richie wrote:

I really believe in fifteen years from now –same old story

by the way I am not just talking about SD –lupus is even a sadder story —I can probably find another twenty thirty illnesses with the same tale .

Yea, I tend to agree with you Richie. I had a fantastic doc who told me that it could take several generations of docs before new medical paradigms were reflected in medical textbooks. It is sad and you’re right on that a good doc is worth gold.

There are incredible advances being made in human genomics, though, and just as with new technology, hopefully the world of medicine will speed up, too. Trouble is, there is so much money invested in medical testing and treatments today that I can just hear the rusty-sounding cogs grinding, as we speak.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

The history of medicine tells the same story – over and over and over. Which is why people who are willing to look beyond accepted paradigms and find a forward thinking doctor with whom to work can sometimes find better outcomes

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Lemons;
    I could not download your link.I gather it is a page from a newspaper and my old dial up computer can’t bring in a link with a lot of info.When I need to do so I go visit my daughter who lives 25 miles away.No time now.Is there any chance you could find the article and put it in here as an e-mail?

Maz
    Keymaster

@Lynne G./SD wrote:

Hi Lemons;
    I could not download your link.I gather it is a page from a newspaper and my old dial up computer can’t bring in a link with a lot of info.When I need to do so I go visit my daughter who lives 25 miles away.No time now.Is there any chance you could find the article and put it in here as an e-mail?

Hi Lemons,

Can you send it to Lynne in a PM or private email? I think this is what Lynne meant, but just a heads up – RBF has a policy about copying/pasting whole articles on the forum due to copyright laws. Thanks. 😉

lemons
    Participant

Hello, the article is on the BBC website in the Health section. It is updated daily and this story was yesterdays health news headline, but it is still on there. If you google BBC News (maybe add UK ) you will find the website and then click onto “Health” in the list of topics on the top of the page. The article is now in last weeks most popular section, on the bottom right hand side of the page. Quite a few interesting articles and recent news regarding gut health and one about the antibiotic benefits of honey which I think most are aware of , but I didn’t know it could heal serious skin infections.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

AAAAAAAAAAAAACK,I forgot to give my email add.
    lynneandsantos@citenet.net

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

National Health does some good research!

lemons
    Participant

@Jan Lucinda1 wrote:

National Health does some good research!

Unfortunately Jan the NHS is on the brink of collapse , it cant cope with the massive population growth over here. Most hospitals are in debt so research isn’t a priority, most studies are from universities and abroad. I had to find treatment for the antibiotic protocol from a private clinic and sadly if you wish to get the best treatment for anything here now, you would be better off going private.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

lemons-

I assumed it was done by NHS but checked and it was done at San Diego State University in the U.S. You’re right, it was done at a university. Well, at least the BBC did some good reporting.

Jan

richie
    Participant

Hi I think there is great research going on in many many countries by a lot of talented people –I think the delay or breakdown comes in the application of these findings and converting it to medicines etc —
    richie

lemons
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi I think there is great research going on in many many countries by a lot of talented people –I think the delay or breakdown comes in the application of these findings and converting it to medicines etc —
    richie

I agree and although Im a novice and have a lot to learn , the more I read the more Im convinced someone out there already knows that bacteria is the culprit behind all these diseases.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.