Home Forums General Discussion New mino/doxy products – PruGen pharmaceuticals

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

Have ya’ll heard of these products or pharmaceutical group? I will attach a photo if I can. My dr gave to me at my appointment yesterday. I would be nervous to try a new brand since mine is working so well. RF undetectable and anti CCP dropping 60-100 points at every 4 month check up, at 72 now, was at 291 8 months ago! Okay, I can’t add a photo so here is the link to the website.

http://prugen.com/product-category/acne-treatments/

Minocycline Hydrochloride Extended Release Tablets – 90 mg
    Doxycycline Monohydrate Capsules – USP – 75 mg
    Doxycycline Hyclate USP Tablets – 75 mg
    Doxycyline Hyclate Delayed Release Tablets, USP – 150 mg

What are your thoughts/experience on these?

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Spiffy1

You are such an inspiration! Do you remember how high your RF was in the beginning? Mine was 71 at the highest and 25 at the lowest last September but back up to 37 this past February which was exactly what it was the February before. I will say I cannot tell a difference physically at 37 from 25. I am still feeling really good. I did try going up to 100 milligrams twice a day on Monday Wednesday and Friday and this is when the hyper pigmentation occurred in the inside of my mouth and I had a nice tan on my face. However, it did not do anything drastic to my RA factor. I got it down to 25 on the 100 milligrams MWF. Since summer is coming and sun and heat I don’t think I will make any changes. But next fall/winter I may ask my doctor to ramp me up to that upper dose again and possibly even up to what you are doing and see if it drops my ra factor. Weirdly enough I had given up chocolate for five months before testing at 25 even though I had added it back in it at the time of testing. Maybe I should give that up again too. I would be so happy one day to report that my ra factor was undetectable. How are you feeling and how are your symptoms at this time?

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

richie
    Participant

Hi–Its another new player –but if you notice they are different strengths than the standard strengths –for whatever its worth –if your current meds are doing so well –dont change a thing –some doctor suggested solodyn to me -similar dosing –I passed .

Airen
    Participant

My RF was 89 at its highest point in January of 2016…6 months on mino. That is when we started tracking it. I have no pain now. NONE. I do have a lot of headaches though. My only true concern. My dr is ready to start weaning me down to a maintenance dose to see if it helps with the headaches and to see if my bruising will start to heal/go away. I have bruises all over my legs that will not heal on mino. It’s pretty unsightly and I am very conscious of it. I hate short and bathing suit season because of my bruises. I would like to be on a lower dose of mino, a maintenance dose. Find a happy medium to where my RA is still controlled but not on a ton of antibiotics all the time for better gut health, no headaches, no bruising etc.

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Spiffy1

Thank you for your update. Are they true bruises or is it blueing from the minocyclene? Are they sore? Are you taking lots of vitamin c?

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Airen,

My dr is ready to start weaning me down to a maintenance dose to see if it helps with the headaches and to see if my bruising will start to heal/go away.

Before lowering your dose it may be helpful to do at least one tinidazole pulse of 1 to 5 days. You may have some dormant bacteria in your body that are waiting for you to stop taking mino or to lower your dose. If you herx in response to the tinidazole, that would be a strong clue that such bacteria are present in your body. In my case, two hours after my first dose of tinidazole I noticed that some of my joints had started to ache a little, and I had a very slight, barely noticeable headache.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.