Home Forums General Discussion New Haven Pathologist Warns of Undetectable Strains of Lyme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160427006073/en/DNA-Sequencing%C2%A0Reveals%C2%A0Another-Novel%C2%A0Lyme-Disease-Spirochete-Blood-Boy

“People living in or visiting Lyme disease endemic areas should be aware of possible infections by not yet recognized borrelial strains which cannot be diagnosed by the standard test kits,” said Dr. Lee.

Calida
    Participant

That sounds like my strain of Lyme, Maz! Dr. M. periodically runs tests for a definitive identification of the form of Lyme and coinfections he is sure I have yet they’ve all been negative. The latest negative results were for Babesia Microti, Anaplasma Phagocytophilum, Brucella, and Babesia Duncani.

I read somewhere – perhaps a link you posted? – that some scientists now believe Bb may be a bundle of Lyme diseases, not one specific form of Lyme. I’m so tired, I can’t remember where I read that, but I’ll look tomorrow to try to find the article.

This latest news is disturbing. I had great cognitive difficulty and the mino hit my brain hard, not too uncommon I think, but I will always believe my mother’s early onset dementia was Lyme related. Thank God for New Haven and doctors like Lee, Sapi, MacDonald and Miklossy.

Thanks for the article 🙂

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

Maz
    Keymaster

Glad you found it interesting, Calida, as did I. So much of what LLMDs have been espousing is proving right on and it is not at all unusual for people to simply assume the standard tests are reliable and to find it a challenge to grasp that negative tests may be meaningless in certain situations – a nice confirmation, if positive, but not definitive if negative. I had two bulls eye rashes (not everyone gets a rash) and repeatedly negative standard tests. I count myself ‘fortunate’ to have seen the rashes.

Very heartening to hear your updates and that your life has been so improved with treatment.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.