Home Forums General Discussion need some advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ellie6
    Participant

I started on LDN about a week and a half ago. The doctor I have been seeing thought it would help me with some of my spinal pain which she feels is related to autoimmune conditions. I recently had a cat scan of my SI joints which showed narrowing, consistent with an inflammatory process. My Rheumatologist wanted me to go on Enbrel, but I have chosen not to as it is immunosuppressive. I have a history of lyme and was treated a little over a yr with oral antibiotics. About 6 months ago I quit the antibiotics as my gut could not take any more. After switching to an integrative practice I discovered multiple food allergies, leaky gut and candida. I have been working on treating these. Part of the problem anything that is recommended my body seems to react so violenty to no matter how mild…Any anti yeast things I have tried have resulted in severe unremitting spinal pain. I also expereienced the same pain at times with certain antibiotics I was taking for lyme. Upon starting the LDN at 1.5 mg I was amazed how the first 3 days I felt wonderful. No pain!! Unfortunately after doing some heavy cleaning I began to suffer alot of spinal pain. About that time I was due to increase my dose to 3mg so I did. Its been about 5-6 days on this dose and my spine is killing me…I’m really not sure what to do or what to think..I spoke with the pharmacist and she feels my body is just reacting to the effects and that I should back down to 1.5mg and stay there for some time. The pain is awful and I’m not sure how to relieve it. I’m so confused is it ongoing issues with lyme??Is it candida??Or is it just my body reacting to the new med??My diet is very clean, no sugar or gluten. Any advice?? Thanks! 😕

Maz
    Keymaster

@ellie6 wrote:

I’m really not sure what to do or what to think..I spoke with the pharmacist and she feels my body is just reacting to the effects and that I should back down to 1.5mg and stay there for some time. The pain is awful and I’m not sure how to relieve it. I’m so confused is it ongoing issues with lyme??Is it candida??Or is it just my body reacting to the new med??My diet is very clean, no sugar or gluten. Any advice?? Thanks! 😕

Hi Ellie,

It’s hard to know what is going on, but your pharmacist may have given you some wise advice, to take things slow. When I used LDN, I increased my dose by .5mg every 2 months, because I seem to herx pretty wildly due to the Lyme.

If you’re struggling with candida, too, this is apparently why some folks have a hard time with LDN:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9360&p=68896&hilit=ldn+proboards#p68896

If you try posting on the LDN Proboards, you might find others who can offer some experienced input on this, specifically re: candida.

Have you also cut out starches from your diet?

Btw, I also find I get two or three days of “quiet before the storm” type reactions when I have started a new med for Lyme. It’s like the bugs are stunned into silence for a bit before the die-off hits. 🙁 The neurological stuff can be a nightmare with Lyme and detoxing seems to help most folks.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

The maximum dose of LDN is 3 to 4 mg per day. For some people, though, even 3 mg is too much.

See: How LDN works

@ellie6 wrote:

Part of the problem anything that is recommended my body seems to react so violenty to no matter how mild…

That right there is a clue that you probably won’t be able to take 3 mg of LDN. Eventually, maybe, but not while your body is in the hypersensitive state that it currently seems to be in.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.