Home Forums General Discussion Need original formula minocin for my Mother. PRICE NOT A ISSUE

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel D
    Participant

Little update.

Valeant minocin isn’t stocked by Rite Aid, CVS or our town’s private pharmacies.

As Richie stated, it just seems to be a game they are playing. Of which I had a small fear of before I even called.

Before I posted on here, I traced the Minocin patent from beginning to end. Through the Trade office, and FDA fillings/updates. Along with reading all the paper work each time said holding company was aquired by another one.

Valeant not long after aquiring the patent for it, came out with Solydyn. I’ve been considering having my mom have her doctor write her a prescription for Solydyn and seeing if it works. Until my other options play out for her.

I run a small capital fund (think hedge fund kinda) and have watched Valent for some time as they used to be wallsreets baby. Valent themselves have been in trouble for the last couple years due to some fruad related stuff which trickled into every part of the company and caused problems. So I’m sure they don’t plan on producing a “Cheaper” selling competing drug to one of there current bread and butters, so to speak.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Gabriel,

Valeant not long after aquiring the patent for it, came out with Solydyn. I’ve been considering having my mom have her doctor write her a prescription for Solydyn and seeing if it works.

Although Minocin could be considered as a competitor to Solodyn because they can both be used to treat acne, the two drugs are not equivalent. In addition to treating acne, Minocin can be used to treat a wide variety of infections. Solodyn is only used to treat acne:

“SOLODYN is a tetracycline-class drug indicated to treat only inflammatory lesions of non-nodular moderate to severe acne vulgaris in patients 12 years of age and older.”

Source:
    https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=1b9dfa57-f295-4038-8aec-8efc54817d07

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Gabriel D
    Participant

Hi Gabriel,

Valeant not long after aquiring the patent for it, came out with Solydyn. I’ve been considering having my mom have her doctor write her a prescription for Solydyn and seeing if it works.

Although Minocin could be considered as a competitor to Solodyn because they can both be used to treat acne, the two drugs are not equivalent. In addition to treating acne, Minocin can be used to treat a wide variety of infections. Solodyn is only used to treat acne:

“SOLODYN is a tetracycline-class drug indicated to treat only inflammatory lesions of non-nodular moderate to severe acne vulgaris in patients 12 years of age and older.”

Source:
    https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=1b9dfa57-f295-4038-8aec-8efc54817d07

Phil

Thanks for the heads up PhilC.

Maz
    Keymaster

I don’t use minocycline in any form, but this update from you, Gabriel, is very valued by those who frequent this forum – so many thanks for your thorough scouring of the current state of play.

If this helps any, I just heard from a forum User yesterday that BuyLowDrugs (an online Canadian pharmacy) is now back in stock with the euro version of Minocin, called Aknemin-MR. I think PhilC might have mentioned that the formulation was slightly different to the original. Also, needless to say, it would be wise that anyone planning to purchase from a Canadian online pharmacy that they brush up on current legislation about cross-border prescription-filling. Previously, i think it was okay to purchase up to 3 months of medication (for personal use only), but it sounds like legislation has been tightening this past year and this may no longer be the case.

So sorry it didn’t pan out for your Mom, Gabriel. I was keeping my fingers crossed. Wow! You are an amazing son to advocate for her in this way. Richie is one of the old-timers on this forum who is usually abreast of recent developments on these things. Likely a pipe dream, but would be great if someone rich and invested in keeping Minocin around could purchase its IP to prevent its loss into the abyss.

Maz
    Keymaster

Gabriel, did you see LeeRobert’s post yesterday?

Minocin

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.