Home Forums General Discussion Need help understanding Mycoplasma

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zeljana 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #308461
    ellie6
    Participant

    I recently tested positive for Mycoplasma IGG, but negative for IGM. I’m confused if this warrants treatment. I have previously undergone treatment for lyme disease for about a yr with antibiotics.

    I have tried reading over the notes on Nicholson’s site, but it is all so overwhelming. I have an appt with my practitioner in several weeks and I want to go in prepared to ask for recommended treatment, but having trouble understanding what is recommended.

    I continue to struggle with chronic SI joint pain and inflammation. I have possible psoriatic arthritis/ankylosing spondylitis, hashimotos, skin psoriasis and GI issues.

    #373195
    Maz
    Keymaster

    @ellie6 wrote:

    I recently tested positive for Mycoplasma IGG, but negative for IGM. I’m confused if this warrants treatment. I have previously undergone treatment for lyme disease for about a yr with antibiotics.

    I have tried reading over the notes on Nicholson’s site, but it is all so overwhelming. I have an appt with my practitioner in several weeks and I want to go in prepared to ask for recommended treatment, but having trouble understanding what is recommended.

    I continue to struggle with chronic SI joint pain and inflammation. I have possible psoriatic arthritis/ankylosing spondylitis, hashimotos, skin psoriasis and GI issues.

    Hi Ellie,

    As per the Scammell book, treatment should continue until all symptoms and labs have normalized for a reasonable period of time (true for Lyme or mycoplasma or any other chronic infection). When remission is achieved, some folks prefer to remain on a maintenance dose for life to prevent the potential for relapse.

    Conventional interpretation of IgG results are as follows:

    http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/85107

    “A single positive IgG result only indicates previous immunologic exposure.”

    The above is meaningless in the context of chronic disease, however, because mycoplasma holed up in joints is pretty hard to culture from a blood test and there are so many pathological strains (costly to test for all of them). According to Brown, if a person was still symptomatic, then they still had infection. A NYC LLMD spoke on the subject and said that we never get rid of any infection to which we’re exposed. The best we can do is get the pathogen load down and strengthen immune function enough to keep the animals in their zoo cages.

    Mycoplasma in chronic disease (like Lyme) is considered a stealth pathogen that manages to cloak itself and evade immune detection, so one really has to decide if it makes sense to continue treatment or not after reading the literature on the subject.

    Hope this helps. Have you looked at the CPn Help Protocols, Ellie?

    Severe, swift onset RA as a result of Lyme disease
    Current Meds: Biaxin (500mg BID), Tetracycline (500mg BID), Tirosint (88mcg), Liothyronine (10 mcg), Compounded Liposomal Artemisinin, LDN (3mg), Topical Progesterone,
    Current Supps: Curcumin, Bovine Colostrum, ALA. NAC, Milk Thistle, Super Liquid Folate/B12/B-Complex, Probiotics, Vit D3
    Supportive Measures: IV Myer's Cocktails, IV Glutathione, FIR Sauna, Gluten-free diet, Gym.

    #373197
    zeljana
    Participant

    @maz wrote:

    Hi Ellie,
    As per the Scammell book, treatment should continue until all symptoms and labs have normalized for a reasonable period of time (true for Lyme or mycoplasma or any other chronic infection). When remission is achieved, some folks prefer to remain on a maintenance dose for life to prevent the potential for relapse.

    Conventional interpretation of IgG results are as follows:

    http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/85107

    “A single positive IgG result only indicates previous immunologic exposure.”

    Hi!

    I just went through my daughter lab tests and saw that she has her IgA elevated but her IgM and IgG are ok.
    Do you know what it could be?

    Thank you !

    Zeljana

    #373196
    Maz
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    just went through my daughter lab tests and saw that she has her IgA elevated but her IgM and IgG are ok. Do you know what it could be?

    Hi Zeljana,

    Don’t know what context your doc was tesing IgA for, but here is an explanation of immunoglobulins and what test results might mean on the Lab Tests online site:

    http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/immunoglobulins/tab/test

    As per the site’s pop-up window, immunoglobulin A is:

    “One of the five classes of immunoglobulins; one of the most common immunoglobulins, it is mainly present in body secretions and is the chief antibody in the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tract and in saliva and tears.”

    Further explanation on Wiki:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immunoglobulin_A

    As per the first link, elevations in IgA can be due to chronic an acute infections, inflammation and autoimmune diseases (as well as a few other diseases). If one adheres to infectious theory for autoimmunity, then chronic infections causing inflammation in these diseases would elevate IgA. I don’t know if this is the case with your daughter, Zeljana, but you may see something in the link that resonates with you in combination with your daughter’s other labs that you can talk to her doc about.

    Severe, swift onset RA as a result of Lyme disease
    Current Meds: Biaxin (500mg BID), Tetracycline (500mg BID), Tirosint (88mcg), Liothyronine (10 mcg), Compounded Liposomal Artemisinin, LDN (3mg), Topical Progesterone,
    Current Supps: Curcumin, Bovine Colostrum, ALA. NAC, Milk Thistle, Super Liquid Folate/B12/B-Complex, Probiotics, Vit D3
    Supportive Measures: IV Myer's Cocktails, IV Glutathione, FIR Sauna, Gluten-free diet, Gym.

    #373194
    zeljana
    Participant

    @maz wrote:

    Hi Zeljana,

    Don’t know what context your doc was tesing IgA for, but here is an explanation of immunoglobulins and what test results might mean on the Lab Tests online site:

    It is standard pocedure on her blood tests. I can see it on every lab result. I do not know why but I will ask tomorrow when we will go to took her bandages off. I have googled it and there can be so much conditions related to it.
    Thank you for this links!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.