Home Forums General Discussion Need help in course of action

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Cheryl, I second what you said and would like to add the following. The only thing that got me to remission, twice, from RA was/is minocycline. I can only speak for me as I know without doubt that some people are affected by diet. For me, it makes no difference. The only difference I noticed was when i fasted…but then, you can’t fast forever, obviously…and it never led to remission anyway.

I’m a big proponent in trying whatever is natural of course. If it is as easy for some as giving up a certain food or food group that is certainly preferable to taking medication. But for me, it made no real lasting difference even though I would have eliminated anything or eaten anything to make the pain stop.

So do experiment but do know that everyone is different and dietary changes, like anything else, may or may not be useful for you. And…always always always check with your doctor before making any changes including dietary changes.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Linda L
    Participant

I’ve been on a diet quite a long time. No gluten, no dairy, no sugar. Also I try to eat more healthy food – organic when I can, avoiding nasty things in the products, spring water /here in Australia the water authorities are very generous with fluoride in our tap water/ etc. Very rarely, maybe once a month I really, really must have a piece of good cake with a cream or cottage cheese with a fat cream or take-away. I have noticed that in most cases nothing happens and there is no more pain.
    Is it because my body has been cleaned?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.