Home Forums General Discussion Need advice please

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Aboyer, I am not really sure yet, I was flaring so bad the doctor put me on steroids and have started to wean with a week to go. I have upped my doxy to 100mgs with the Zith 125mgs and feel really well with minimal pain. I think my chest feels a lot better with the Zith but not really sure if it’s the steroids or not, I will know more when I am off the steroids completely and will let u guys know.
    What dose r u on?…..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

aboyer
    Participant

That’s so good that it’s working. Did you have any side effects when first starting the zithromax? I was on doxy also but the joint pain it caused was too much. I’m on zithromax now and hopefully add in doxy later. Any supplements that help you?

Diagnosed with severe RA 12 years ago
    Tested positive for M. pneumoniae and C. pneumoniae

Current meds: Kineret 100mg, doxycycline 50mg, cbd oil, and celebrex

Supplements: fish oil, vitamin b12, folate, b6, iron, selenium, zinc, vitamin c, and biotin

Rockin Annie
    Participant

No side effects at all with the Zith, although I am only taking 125mgs and the only side effect doxy has is dizziness even if I take with food, but a small price to pay ?
    I take heaps of supps, thisylin, turmeric,vit B, NAC, krill oil, magnesium, multi vit, oregano oil, vit c, no gluten, dairy, minimum sugar ? All help I think and exercise.
    Hope the Zith goes well for you ?

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

aboyer
    Participant

I’m wondering with all the antibiotics i take, if I should take an anti yeast med along with probiotics.

Supplements: fish oil, vitamin b12, folate, b6, iron, selenium, zinc, vitamin c, and biotin

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Sorry can’t help with that one as I only take probiotics and I am fine with the PB8, maybe someone else will chime in…..Annie

Nikkoal
    Participant

Aboyer, I have seen other users post that they use olive leaf extract in addition to a probiotic to help control/prevent yeast overgrowth. I actually bought some yesterday to add to my regimen. I started minocycline 12 weeks ago, and my AP doc added biaxin in about 8 weeks ago. Someone else posted recently that olive leaf extract helps decrease inflammation as well, so a double benefit there.

aboyer
    Participant

Hey, how is the biaxin working? My dr said she would try that if I couldn’t tolerate the zithromax. I actually found a combination oil of olive leaf and oregano oil on Iherb. I’m gonna try that and see.

Nikkoal
    Participant

Biaxin is working great. About 5-6 weeks into AP I was feeling so strange, I thought I was having increase in symptoms, so I panicked and asked my Doc for the IV infusions, which I didn’t have before starting mino because my symptoms were mild and I was newly diagnosed. She explained to me why the IV clindy is used in some cases – and she recommended just adding another oral abx and pulse them, so she changed my protocol from mino BID every day to mino MWF, biaxin TThS. I think it’s worked out really well. My increasing symptoms halted, and I have definitely noticed small, but gradual improvements here recently. Still 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

aboyer wrote

I actually found a combination oil of olive leaf and oregano oil on Iherb. I’m gonna try that and see.

I seem to remember that you have been very sensitive to medications? Just proceed carefully when you start the olive leaf/oil of oregano. Both are anti-microbial and anti-fungal and can have quite a powerful effect. I tried oil of oregano a few years ago and couldn’t tolerate it, even at 1 drop – I had a strong and immediate flu-like response that sent me to bed. Responses are very individualised of course, but sometimes people assume herbals are mild and that isn’t necessarily the case

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi lynnie, thanks for that info, I didn’t realise how potent the two were, I was actually going to stop the olive leaf but will reconsider now.
    Just getting off that subject I am missing my cheese very much do u eat any alternative? ? Annie

aboyer
    Participant

Maybe I should just try the olive leaf then. Thanks so much for the info.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Rockin Annie wrote

Just getting off that subject I am missing my cheese very much do u eat any alternative?

Annie, I eat Goat’s cheese. There’s a different fat molecule in it and I have no problem with it (also tested ok for me). Which is great, because I’ve always been in love with the (soft) goat’s cheese. It probably depends on what you react to in cheese. See here for some more info.
    http://www.chowhound.com/food-news/53922/why-can-lactose-intolerant-people-eat-some-cheeses-and-not-others/

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.