Home Forums General Discussion My update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    June3443
    Participant

Just wanted to check in to give an update on my health progress. I am doing great. I have been off minocycline for a few months because I was getting brown spots on my ankles. I had been able to lower my dose to 50 mg MWF and then I switched to Doxycycline in the same dose. I gradually reduced that amount until now I am taking a sabbatical from all medicine. I continue taking the D3. I am trying to increase my vt. C intake.

The discoloration on my ankles has gone away. My hip pain is much better. I do still have what I would consider mild Raynauds in both hands and feet if I am exposed to too cold air conditioning in summer or outside cold. My labs have been good. The scarring on face (I guess fat loss) is better. In fact, everyone tells me I have beautiful skin..not me..just my skin. 🙂

I have an appointment with my primary care doctor next month and plan to discuss taking medication for the Raynauds. I no longer see my rhuemy. My primary care doctor wanted to do CT scans on my lungs every year, but since I don’t have any breathing issues, I decided not to expose myself to those. If I start having any breathing issues, I might reconsider.

I was seeing an AP doctor in Lufkin, Tx but because of the change in Medicare, she no longer take Medicare patients.

I want to thank everyone..Maz, Cheryl, Richie, Phil.. at Roadback for all your help. I would not have been where I am now if not for all of you.

lemons
    Participant

I love reading these uplifting and encouraging posts, Im so happy for you X

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

June:

Yay! Hooray! Yippee!!!

When can we expect your testimonial?

All the best!

Cheryl

June3443
    Participant

Thanks, Lemon and Cheryl. I am not very good at writing but am willing. I tell everyone how much Roadback has helped me.

June

Woods1977
    Participant

Dear June3443,

I strongly disagree with you about not being a good writer. Your update was clear, concise and to the point which makes it easy to read! I have a horrible habit of writing posts that are very long and drawn out; I think people will appreciate your

June3443
    Participant

Sorry, I didn’t respond to your compliment, but have not checked in for awhile. Thank you!

June3443
    Participant

This is an update to my update! I started getting a few pains, mostly muscle spasms and tendon pulls, so started back takng 50 mg doxy 3 x week. It didn’t take long for my “pains” to go away. Gradually I have stopped taking the doxy on a regular basis. just take it when I gets pains. The doxy seems to act like a pain pill. I get almost immediate relief when I take it.

Now, my question and concern is by taking the doxy this way, am I creating a bigger problem by feeding a drug resistant bug? If so, how long a stretch should I take the doxy before stopping? Any suggestions?

My labs are all good. My Raynauds is mild but I do have a little in both hands and feet. I just make sure I stay warm. Air conditioning triggers it as much as cold weather so just going south in tbe winter doesn’t change much.

My doctor didn’t recommend anything for the Raynauds. I already have low blood pressure and pluse so she didn’t want to prescribe. All and all I am still doing great.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.