Home Forums General Discussion My rheumy is officially a portable wishwasher

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    JenTX
    Participant

So, I went for my usual 3 month visit with the rheumy this morning, and then was supposed to follow it with an Orencia infusion.  Which I had worked up the courage to no longer take.  So the rheumy and I are having a conversation (respectful on both sides) about my stopping the Orencia and seeing how it goes, come back in a few months for labs, don't let the inflammation get out of hand, etc.  Fine, cancel my infusion for today, I'll see you at the end of June.

So I go to check out, and I hear him tell the 2 girls in the billing office to stop my Orencia billing.  Why?  one of them asks.  “Because she's cured” I hear him whisper in a not so nice tone.  Is that possible?  one of them asks.  And I couldn't hear the rest.  Let me tell you, I am so irate with him.  I thought we had such a good agreeable conversation, only to find out he agreed with me because he thinks I'm a TOTAL IDIOT!!!:angry::angry::angry:

So then I had a billing issue to discuss with them.  Turns out, one of the girls has Psoriatic Arthritis, the other Lupus and her son has RA and Crohn's.  So I mentioned this site and the AP, of which they were interested and can't wait to see how it works for me, so they may try it on themselves.

I realize now that I will be PLEASED AS PUNCH to slap my rheumy in the face with my good health in June.  I am more determined than ever to be as healthy as possible!:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Thanks for reading my rant, I know some of you have experienced the very same thing.

Jennifer

casey
    Participant

Oh Jen,

I can sooooo relate to this!!!!

casey

casey
    Participant

Jen,

Kind of odd that so many that work in that office have a disease of some kind. Makes me think of “communicable infectious bacteria ” a possibility. 😯

I always wonder if a rheumy or one of their family members got one of these diseases, how they would treat it!!!!

You keep getting better and show them all!:roll-laugh:

Casey

Suzanne
    Participant

[user=126]JenTX[/user] wrote:

.  “Because she's cured” I hear him whisper in a not so nice tone.  Is that possible?  one of them asks. 

Ah, the life of a rheumatology office, never once having a patient stop treatment because they were well.

Best wishes, Jen! 

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

John McDonald
    Participant

Kind of odd that so many that work in that office have a disease of some kind. Makes me think of “communicable infectious bacteria ” a possibility.

Pretty normal, I believe. Many doctors that I know seem to have Th1 disease and a huge number of nurses. Anytime you visit any physician ask about. It is quite common.

Todd WI
    Participant

Hi Jen,

Wow! The whispering behind your back really sucks, but the worst part is that it sounds like he was less than honest in his discussion with you. I mean, if he truly believed you were making a horrible choice by not having the infusion, shouldn?t he have told YOU that? 

Todd

JenTX
    Participant

Todd,  this wasn't the first time I brought up going off the Orencia, just the first time I actually stopped it.  I think he is tired of hearing my thoughts on other possibilities, and wishes I would just get with the program and resign myself to a life with a declining quality while taking his prescribed meds.  Oh well.  I have calmed down now, even though what he did makes me want to wring his neck.  I just hope I'm not having a flare or a herx when I have to go to my next visit!

Jennifer

John McDonald
    Participant

I just hope I'm not having a flare or a herx when I have to go to my next visit!

When I was new to AP and later to MP, I just made up an excuse and didn't go if I was herxing badly. I thought of it as doctor management. Nowadays my progress is indisputable and doc is a believer.

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Jen,

The Rheumys make my blood boil.  My first one went to the AP conferences.  She knows all about the Dr. Brown treatment, but she refused to give it to me.  My AP Physician is the one that told me about her being there.  She talked to my doc like she was going to go back and use the treatment.  Ha!  What a joke.  The Rheumys talk out of both sides of their mouth, I'm thinking.  I have no use for them, and the Neurologists are right behind.  They have all that training, and for what?  They are not listening to their patients.

:headbang:

Its great that we have the doctors that we do have, that are willing to prescribe the AP for us and work with us on issues.

Diane

Todd WI
    Participant

Hey Jen,

I hope you have significant improvement to show your rheumy at your next visit, more importantly, I hope you have significant improvement.  It has to be tough doing this AP treatment with an unsupportive doc.  Congrats on working up the courage to drop the Orencia! 

Todd

JenTX
    Participant

[user=3]John McDonald[/user] wrote:

I just hope I'm not having a flare or a herx when I have to go to my next visit!

When I was new to AP and later to MP, I just made up an excuse and didn't go if I was herxing badly. I thought of it as doctor management. Nowadays my progress is indisputable and doc is a believer.

Sounds good to me — I'm not sure what to expect when the Orencia leaves my system, but it will be a big change for my body.  I've been on that kind of stuff for 4 years now — I hope hope hope I don't feel awful at first.

Jennifer

lauram
    Participant

Jen, your doc probably expects you to come back begging for the med.

What is your dose and how long have you beeen on it?

laura

JenTX
    Participant

[user=74]lauram[/user] wrote:

What is your dose and how long have you beeen on it?

laura

I've been on Orencia, 750 mg (3 vials) a month for a little over 1 1/2 years.  Remicade for about 10 mos. before that, and Humira about 10 mos. before that.

Jennifer

lauram
    Participant

Oh, sorry I didn't look below to see you were on Mino since january. you must be on 200 mg daily?

I wish you luck

laura

JenTX
    Participant

yep, 100mg 2x a day.

Thank you everyone for your support!  I don't know how people made it through all of this before the 'net.

Jennifer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ My rheumy is officially a portable wishwasher’ is closed to new replies.