Home Forums General Discussion My first anniversary on AP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

Hello everyone, I have reached my first year on AP. Got my blood test results back yesterday and everything came back normal again ( SED rate 4 and CRP 2 ). I feel normal again too and am currently working on my garden and have been lifting very heavy timber fence panels and don’t feel stiff or sore the next day. Hope this encourages anyone who is just starting out or thinking about going on this treatment. πŸ™‚

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

wonderful news lemons πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ – you are a great testament to sticking with it

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

zeljana
    Participant

This is great ! I am so glad that you are fine thanks to AP. πŸ˜€

Can you please tell me did you take any supplements with antibiotics or did you had any diet changes?
    How long were you on AP when you saw improvement in lab tests?
    I am asking because of my 5,5 year old daughter. She is on Amoxicillin and Zitromax now but we have started with erythromicin last year so she is on AP in total for almoust a year now and there is no much improvement in her blood test.
    She has JIA for 3 years.

Thank you!

Zeljana

Maz
    Keymaster

Wonderful news, Lemons! It’s great you’re still stopping by to cheer others on. Thanks and keep enjoying your gardening! πŸ™‚

lemons
    Participant

@zeljana wrote:

This is great ! I am so glad that you are fine thanks to AP. πŸ˜€

Can you please tell me did you take any supplements with antibiotics or did you had any diet changes?
    How long were you on AP when you saw improvement in lab tests?
    I am asking because of my 5,5 year old daughter. She is on Amoxicillin and Zitromax now but we have started with erythromicin last year so she is on AP in total for almoust a year now and there is no much improvement in her blood test.
    She has JIA for 3 years.

Thank you!

Zeljana

Zljana I have been reading your posts over the past few weeks and my heart goes out to you. I am 49 and from what I have read JIA runs a different course to adult RA and can sometimes burn itself out when the child gets older. I have not really changed my diet that much but I do make green vegetable smoothies from avocado, spinach, or watercress blended with coconut or almond milk everyday. For a child I would sweeten it with honey or a banana. The supplements I have stuck with are probiotics, turmeric and boswellia. My bloods came back normal after 6 months on AP but I did start this treatment within 3 months of diagnosis, which I believe is the reason I responded so quickly. I do now drink a lot more water as this helps reduce inflammation and water retention. X

zeljana
    Participant

lemons
    My bloods came back normal after 6 months on AP but I did start this treatment within 3 months of diagnosis, which I believe is the reason I responded so quickly. I do now drink a lot more water as this helps reduce inflammation and water retention. X

Yes, you have started soon enough. I wish I knew about RBF and AP before or that we have rheumatologist open to it. They do not even know about another treatments besides NSAID, DMARDS, MTX and biologics.
    Thank you for your answer!

Zeljana

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.