Home Forums General Discussion MSM/Glucosamine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eggs
    Participant

Has anyone tried taking MSM with glucosamine to relieve arthritic stiffness? I just started taking it and was wondering if anyone has had any success with it. My dad's friend swears by it along with my grandmother so I figured I'd try it. Anyways feedback is always great. Thanks guys!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

My understanding is that it is beneficial for osteo-arthritis, both preventative and  a help for those who already have itspan.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Goodwife
    Participant

My hubby took MSM for quite awhile – daily doses for at least 6 months – for stiffness, etc.  He truly did not notice any difference on it or off of it.  Maybe that was just his body, or maybe the time period needed to be longer – but honestly I can't say it did anything for him.

Eggs
    Participant

I heard not all are the same…my dad's friend tried several different brands before finding one that worked for him.

Loria Chaddon
    Participant

While I do not (as far as i know) have a Rheumatic disease, I take Osteo Biflex for my knee (MSM, Chondrointin, Glucosamine w/ “Joint Shield”).  For me I really notice a difference.  I can take stairs normally as long as I take it.  If I have missed a dose for more than two days, I start to ache.  If I have missed three or more the knee reallly hurts, starts to pop, and if I try taking a flight of stairs normally it tries to buckle. 

It upsets my husband's stomach, and with everything else he is taking I do not push it for him.  He did not notice a lot of difference, I do know that, but he was taking it during the really bad time.  It probably would not hurt to try.  I noticed a difference in a week.  Give it at least two before you give up.

Just my two cents.

MaryP
    Participant

I have heard good things about using MSM and thought about trying it.  When I started to research it, I found lots of phrases like “collagen builder” and “regulates collagen synthesis”.  Having scleroderma, my first instinct is to shy away from collagen buildiing.  Regulating collagen synthesis sounds good, but I can't find any info on the regulating part and scleroderma, so I decided against it.

That said, if you don't have SD, you're situation may be entirely different…. my non-medically trained thoughts, only.

Eggs
    Participant

I do have scleroderma but have heard its the good kind of collagen(w/e that means). Ugh, I feel so confused :doh: Anyways, thanks for the input, I'll bring it up with my doctor.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ MSM/Glucosamine’ is closed to new replies.