Home Forums General Discussion MSM results

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Gee I miss all the fun when I am sleeping, oh well I am glad I was sleeping as I couldn't have given an answer like Jo, so in depth.:blush:.

Anna, like Dave said, I do think increasing your dose slowly is much better, it gives your body chance to see how much it needs as well.

Have a good day/night……………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Jo
    Participant

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

Ok.  I am a huge believer in detox and have been detoxing steadily albeit very slowly for 2 yrs under doctor's care.  But it is my understanding that when the toxic sources and the stored toxins are gone, my chronic illness will be gone too.

So, when I have no pain which is most of the time, I figure I am detoxing well and when I swell and hurt, I believe I'm killing faster than I can clear it, or I have eaten too much of what I should not have.

It sounds like you and I are on the same page there and by saying you have no problem with detox, you mean you are not pulling toxins faster than you can clear them.  Cool!

I did not realize MSM was a chelator.  That is another plus in its favor.  I was looking through my meds today and find MSM 1000mg in my Bio-Inflammatory Plus supplement.  Small amounts in other sources too.  I know this is nowhere near the volume you guys are taking, but since I don't hurt most of the time, I will not add another cost to my regime at this time.

Susan

The doses of MSM that you mention are all that a normal person really needs for healthy cells.  The mega doses are only for people with inflammation issues.  

If you don't need it then you are correct not to add more.  If your inlammation ever gets out of control, do keep it in mind though.  Inflammation is the great killer and causes most of the damage in these diseases, from what I've read.

Glad to hear that you are pain free most of the time. We look forward to the time that Mr Perfect will be pain free and inflammation free without the mega doses – one day hopefully in the not too distant future.

Jo

Jo
    Participant

[user=664]davew[/user] wrote:

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

I mean, its not like my poop goes kerplunk when the detoxed metals hit the toilet.  And biotoxin and neurotoxins pulled from my body aren't visable.  So, what do you mean when you say you had no problem with detox?  No pain? 

Susan

For whatever reason, my detoxing almost always in mainifested in skin issues. I will breakout or have hive-like symptoms.

Herxing for me is the aching and joint pain, along with a general malaise and I experienced it when I started AP. My MSM reaction was independant from any AP program and was a stand alone remedy that I was trying prior to my RA getting worse, so I can pretty much attibute the rash that I received to detox. 

Dave

I forgot to say that Susans kerplunking gave me the giggles – tee hee

Herxing for my Mr Perfect is fatique and general malaise too.  He gets so frustrated because of that.  I offer him the opportunity to experience the pain that would go with it without the MSM, so far he's always turned me down – laughs, he's not that macho. He just needs to be reminded that these things are normal and just because the MSM is keeping the swelling, inflamation and pain at bay, doesn't mean he is thru dealing with this disease.  He's had it for 20 years and is very advanced, it's not going to be miraculously cured in 6 months or a year.

Today I watched him swivel his knees to get out of the car, and I pointed out that a year ago he was wearing a knee brace, and an action like that would have put him in the hospital for that emergency knee surgery his Rheumy was always threatening him with.  He didn't even know he did it, because there was no stiffness, no swelling and no pain, and his cartilage has significantly regenerated.

A few days of fatigue is so much simplier to deal with.
    Jo

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Kerplunk, kerplunk:P

Do keep reminding him how much he has improved.  That was so important for me and even still, my Mom, my kids, my husband and I sit in amazement as we recall how bad I was and how good I am.  It does me good to hear it.

The doctor has started me on new medicine to go after all my bugs and she warned me it would cause flare ups and it does.  Each flare up can throw me right back into the biggest depression.  It is just such an awful disease and any sign of it returning is depressing.  Even the Enbrel is not enough.

This morning my ankle hurt and my fingers were like fat sausages.  Then, all day I felt like your Mr. Perfect…achey, tired and a sore throat.  Then at 3pm, I took the dogs walking and by 4pm was feeling great so I did what any horse nut would do, I went riding.:roll-laugh:  Thank you God for every day I can still ride!

Now I have to start dinner.  A really good, detoxifying, anti-inflammatory one.  Salmon, sweet potatos with pineapples and raisens and brussel sprouts.  Yum-Yum!

Susan

davew
    Participant

I like your sense of humor Susan… The menu doesn't sound bad either…:P

Rockin Annie
    Participant

I haven't had a big herx since been on abx, until yesterday, at least I think it was. the pain was terrible, but just like that it went away, I can get back to my painting :blush:.

Love your menu Susan,  I hate cooking, oh to have a personal chef…………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Well, I'm not clear about detox/herxing since I have no apparent issues with all the supps I take and now the high dosing of MSM.

I deal with OA and today at my chiro office for my bi-monthly “work” I walked up and down about 18 steps to his area upstairs to get on his “rolling table”….I realized I could walk “normally” and not one step at a time.

I've had issues with my knees and had my right knee drained 3 times in the last 3 months (before starting on MSM).  I also have  had prolotherapy injections in the right knee.

Today, I walked up and down those steps without the pain I've had for about a year.

So….I don't know about the detox issue.   More later…jam

jaminhealth
    Participant

I wanted to bring this to the top again since this MSM really fascinates me I think.  Now taking 30 grams per day.  But looking thru my other posts noted that I did take 40 grams per day during this process.  I think some days I do get 40 grams in.

I've talked to my doc about low dose doxy and she said not for the summer.  I'll bring it up again in the fall. 

I'm just not sure if this is for me and the OA, FM and CMP I deal with. 

Thanks all.   jam   

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

jammin,

Are you on Vit D?  When I upped my D3 from 1000 IU daily to 5000 IU, my herboden's nodules (OA) on my fingers shrunk by half.  They continue to shrink slowly and are just a fraction now of their original size.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Hi there, I take 5-6K of D3 per day and have been for 2.5 yrs.   I have a couple little nodules on my right index finger an they've been there for years…don't grow and don't hurt….thank goodness.  Looking at my fingers no other nodules and I'll be 71 this summer…my mom was full of nodules when she got older.   Lots of ladies I play bridge with (older) have many many nodules….and NONE of them take D3…..

You can take that one to the bank and it's crime!!!!   take care.  jam   

Susan: good to hear  your good news on the fingers.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘ MSM results’ is closed to new replies.