Home Forums General Discussion MSM results

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    maz.aust
    Participant

[user=807]Rockin Annie[/user] wrote:

P.S. I also have another supplier but its in powder form, yuk but I can get use to it if I have to. Let me know what you find, be careful though as some have fillers.

It's the fillers that worry me !!

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

maz.aust
    Participant

Finally read a little about MSM — can anyone tell me is it the same principle as MOBICOSA???

Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

All off days Probiotics

Jo
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=465]Jo[/user] wrote:

He only has a partial lab report from his recent office visit – but as soon as I recieve a copy of his completed labs, I'm planning on posting them.

Jo, has your hubby had a considerable reduction in his cardio CRP while on MSM? If so, do you attribute this reduction to MSM or AP or both?

Hope Mr Perfect feels better soon….zith hit me hard in the beginning, too, although I pulse it in every 10 days and it seems to have decreased over time.

Peace, Maz

Jo
    Participant
    Jo
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

Symptom control simply isn't enough though, I want those buggers that were trying to kill my Mr Perfect to DIE. (did I mention I'm a Scorpio?)

Thanks for your reply, Jo, and sorry for the double-up on the other thread…I was hoping you might catch my reply there before having to reply again. 😉 Much appreciated, though. That is really good news to hear about the CRP decrease prior to AP.

Couldn't agree more about “the buggers”…I think the Greek's said it best, “Nil illigitimus carborundum,” roughly translated, “Don't let the bast***s grind you down” or “Bug them before they bug you!” :roll-laugh:

Peace, Maz

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=492]maz.aust[/user] wrote:

Finally read a little about MSM — can anyone tell me is it the same principle as MOBICOSA???

Nope

Mobicosa is much closer to the fish oil anti inflammatories, though it has some sulphur, and some other things known to be good for arthritis.

It sounds like an excellent supplement, but it would not be good for people allergic to shell fish.  No reason not to try it.

MSM works on the same principle as pure Organic Sulphur, without the smell, and processed by the tree into something easier for your body to directly use without conversion.

MSM is something that your body would create from Organic Sulphur, if you were to take that instead.

Thanks – will do more research about MSM

All off days Probiotics

jaminhealth
    Participant

Just got my Source Naturals powder 16 oz.  Started last night with the recommended dose of 2.6 grams in 8 oz of water.  Did that 2 times before I hit my bed last night.

So just about 5 mg on the first day.

Today, I took about 5 mg this morning and plan to take 5 mg later today.  So that would be 10 mg for the second day.

Should I stay with the above dose for a little while before I jump to more.

Source Naturals product is so “easy” no bad taste, no problem.  Chug it down. 

Thanks anyone for replies.   jam

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=970]jaminhealth[/user] wrote:

Just got my Source Naturals powder 16 oz.  Started last night with the recommended dose of 2.6 grams in 8 oz of water.  Did that 2 times before I hit my bed last night.

So just about 5 mg on the first day.

Today, I took about 5 mg this morning and plan to take 5 mg later today.  So that would be 10 mg for the second day.

Should I stay with the above dose for a little while before I jump to more.

Source Naturals product is so “easy” no bad taste, no problem.  Chug it down. 

Thanks anyone for replies.   jam

Hi Jam,

As it is a detox as well, I would take it very slow, I take tablets and would add 1 tab every 3 days to see if was having detox symptoms, if not I would add another tablet, as you don't want to herx anymore than neccessary, if no symptoms add another dose :blush:  Take it half an hour before your Abx until you reach mega doses and then it dosen't matter.

Let us know how you go but slowly does it, I will look at powder form if it tastes that good next, as trying to get all these pills down is difinately a hassle

………….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Thanks Annie, I will go slowly and work up.  I don't take an abx so that's not an issue.  Don't know if I'll venture that route or not.   jam

tbird2340
    Participant

Annie, question for you… I'm up to 19,500 and still feel nothing good or bad.. When you felt it start to work for you.. Was it just all of a sudden? Were you like me, didn't feel much results, and then one day when you got up to your 25,000ish you felt a difference?

Just curious.. I'm still going to keep climbing up but didn't know what to expect.

Thanks

jaminhealth
    Participant

Hi, Maz directed me to an MSM board and it talks about how everyone is different.  It's http://www.msm-msm.com/  

I started a new post yesterday and Maz came back with this site.  It's quite informative.  I'm up to like 14,000 grams per day and am feeling a “slight” shift.   Everyone is so different and I'm had such a long history of chronic stiffness.  So a little shift is better than no shift.  I will continue to go higher too.   jam

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=851]tbird2340[/user] wrote:

Annie, question for you… I'm up to 19,500 and still feel nothing good or bad.. When you felt it start to work for you.. Was it just all of a sudden? Were you like me, didn't feel much results, and then one day when you got up to your 25,000ish you felt a difference?

Just curious.. I'm still going to keep climbing up but didn't know what to expect.

Thanks

Hi Tbird,

Thats exactly how it worked for me, I remember talking to Jo and I think I was up to 18,000 and I was going to stop, and Jo said keep going until there is no inflammation, which means no pain. I thought shes got to be kidding, I didn't know exactly what no inflammation/no pain meant, as I have lived with it for over 5 years and have permanent damage in my wrists, so how could I know.

When I reached 25,500mg, the ache, pain suddenly stopped, I remember is was a Sat, because I was having a barby and realised I could actually clean without my wrists hurting. It was like wow, I can't believe how good I felt, but I didn't want to get too cocky, as I know how this disease is so unpredicable.

It is hard for me to give you a day to day as I am not really in tune with my body like some, I still am on 5 mg pred, and take Celebrex when I need to, I am off Mtx and biologics now, but I am feeling 100% better than I felt before I started here on roadback. I think it is a combo of Abx, MSM, and dietry changes.

Hope this helps………………..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi Annie

I have ordered 1/2 kilo MSM, coming in tomorrow night (from the only place close enough to me to get it, hence why it is coming in that quantity, it was all they had…lol) can you let me know how much I should start with and yes I haven't forgotten – I will be building the dose up….  I just don't know where to start ??

We are leaving Saturday morning and I wanted to take it with me, I thought it would be a good time to try it being that we are on holiday……

Maz-Melb

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘ MSM results’ is closed to new replies.