Home Forums General Discussion MSM results

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    scottishprincess
    Participant

THE MSM IS WORKING FOR ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! i HAVENT HAD ANY ASPRIN/PARACETAMOL/CELEBREX IN 4 DAYS!!! THIS IS A RECORD!! MY INFLAMMATION IS GONE AND WHENEVER I'M FEELING PAIN COMING ON I JUST REACH FOR THE MSM!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!:roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:I ACTUALLY FEEL 'NORMAL'

I'M HAVING THE NUTRALIFE MSM-OPTIMSM(ORANGE FLAVOUR) 1 SPOONFUL 6 TIMES A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

maz.aust
    Participant

That's great news Annie,

Wonder if it would work with herxing ?? I guess so, pain is pain …….. don't know if I can take it though as I am allergic to sulphur ?? but think as it is a natural product it would be a good alternative to taking pain relief tablets.

Keep on doing what you are doing Annie, it is obviously working …

Cheers,
    Maz-Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Jo
    Participant
    Kim
    Participant

Question …….is anyone getting results without taking the massive doses?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Jo you are right. Maz-au, think you're possibly looking at Dr D's list there. What is really meant there is sulphur compunds (sulphates/sulphites) They are the baddies. Here's some info on them. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Jo you are right. Maz-au, think you're possibly looking at Dr D's list there. What is really meant there is sulphur compunds (sulphates/sulphites) They are the baddies. Here's some info on them. Lynnie

I agree – and yes I did mean sulphur compounds, sorry I didn't make that clear, but I don't know what MSM actually is, hence my question, now you have answered it it may be a good alternative for me instead of the pain meds I have now..

Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

All off days Probiotics

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

maz.aust – not sure what pain meds you are on. However, knowing that you are under both DR D and LW's care, why not run the MSM past past either or both of them before plunging in? You've had such good results thus far under their care in terms of the abx, food and supplements that work for you. That's what I'd do. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=492]maz.aust[/user] wrote:

That's great news Annie,

Wonder if it would work with herxing ?? I guess so, pain is pain …….. don't know if I can take it though as I am allergic to sulphur ?? but think as it is a natural product it would be a good alternative to taking pain relief tablets.

Keep on doing what you are doing Annie, it is obviously working …

Cheers,
    Maz-Aust

Hi Maz,

The only thing I notice with the high does of MSM is I bruise a bit easier, I did read it was natural blood thinner but I also bruised on the other meds.

With herxing, I can't say that I have anything too bad, I might have a few twinges here and there but it only lasts a few hours, I have often wondered why I am not getting bad herxes like some, maybe its because I am still on Pred and I yet to feel a real herx when I wean off it.  I have finally come of Mtx and just waiting for a reaction (hopefully not), but I am prepared for it.

Let me know if you try the MSM I do think it is marvelous stuff if you can stomach it.

Hope you are keeping well in your workup to Christmas………..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

tbird2340
    Participant

I don't know if I had an MSM reaction or what.. I'm trying to narrow it down to what caused it but I had a rash Tuesday and today..

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=1733&forum_id=1

My thread outlines what happened.. Could it be the MSM?

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=851]tbird2340[/user] wrote:

I don't know if I had an MSM reaction or what.. I'm trying to narrow it down to what caused it but I had a rash Tuesday and today..

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=1733&forum_id=1

My thread outlines what happened.. Could it be the MSM?

Hi tbird,

When I first starting Abx, I had a lot of skin irritation (itching) but only lasted a week or so, no major issue.  I haven't had any problem with MSM only bruising, your rash is probably a herx as MSM is a detox as well. If the rash is causing concern I would cut down on the MSM, but not stop altogether. Were you on the MSM before you started the Abx or did you start them both together?……….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Jo
    Participant
    Jo
    Participant
    maz.aust
    Participant

Hi Annie,

Give me a hint – where do you buy your MSM??

So glad to know you are getting your life back, what a lovely Xmas present.

All off days Probiotics

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=492]maz.aust[/user] wrote:

Hi Annie,

Give me a hint – where do you buy your MSM??

So glad to know you are getting your life back, what a lovely Xmas present.

Hi Maz,

Jo put me on to this site below, I have just bought 17 bottles its very inexpensive as I buy six and they give you 9 free, but the shipping is expensive. It all came to about $240, but that will last me about 4 months (don't have calc) but now hubby wants to ,take as much as me so next time I will look into buying from here. I remember reading, I think is was Scottishprincess (I will have to find the thread), that she finds the brand she takes is great.

http://www.puritanspride.com/

item #  011732

It is a nice chrissy present to myself :blush:……..Annie

P.S. I also have another supplier but its in powder form, yuk but I can get use to it if I have to. Let me know what you find, be careful though as some have fillers.

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Jo,

What would I do without you, again you have put my mind at ease, as I just take some things for granted, like oh well bruising, so what, better than inflammation.  Your explanation makes more sense than mine thankyou.

I read somewhere that Mr Perfect wasn't doing too well, how is he now?

………Annie

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘ MSM results’ is closed to new replies.