Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

Being referred to neuro to rule or check if I have ms?

Now what? AS AND MS?

PhilC
    Participant

WHY?

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

worldofme
    Participant

Elevated CK level. No other cause found. Eye twitching, muscle pain, and nose tingling. Doc think it could be MS, but I don’t understand this is possible. Out of blue I start getting these symptoms?

Currently Taking: Doxy + Flagyl

Maz
    Keymaster
    richie
    Participant

Have you had a cardiogram —-

PhilC
    Participant

Raised serum creatine phosphokinase activity in ankylosing spondylitis.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

worldofme
    Participant

Yea the thyroid function was check and all was normal.

worldofme
    Participant

ecocardiogram was normal. I am due for stress test next week with cardio.

worldofme
    Participant

Phil,

My levels have been in the 400ish but below 600ish…Have you notice this on my test results?

Maz
    Keymaster

Yea the thyroid function was check and all was normal.

Thyroid is a different gland. The parathyroids control calcium levels in the body and low levels of calcium can cause tetany, which is similar to the symptoms you mentioned. The parathyroids are tiny pea-sized glands that sit behind the thyroid. Low calcium can also be affected by magnesium deficiency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parathyroid_gland

worldofme
    Participant

I read about parathyroid and it says ita usually results in wrong if it’s taken out during surgery. I never had surgery.

I take mag every day

Maz
    Keymaster

I read about parathyroid and it says ita usually results in wrong if it’s taken out during surgery. I never had surgery.

I take mag every day

Yes, you’re right that surgery is the main cause of hypoparathyroidism, but low magnesium (even with supps) can occur, causing failure of adequate calcium uptake and many of us have low Vit D, which is critical for calcium absorption.

http://www.parathyroid.com/hypoparathyroidism.htm

Acquired due to Hypomagnesemia The element magnesium is closely related to the action of calcium in the body. When magnesium levels are too low, calcium levels may also fall. It appears that magnesium is important for parathyroid cells to make PTH normally. Once recognized, this is usually very easy to fix. Chronic alcoholism is a frequent cause of low calcium and magnesium levels which can lead to secretion of Biologically Inactive Parathyroid Hormone.

Also, tetany-like symptoms can occur with heavy metal toxicity and this is well-known and documented.

These are just thoughts to research. I have a close relative with MS and researchers out of UK implicate infections – herpes, chlamydia and spirochetes (like Lyme) – in many neurogenerative diseases and that the evidence can no longer be ignored:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12188092/Alzheimers-disease-could-be-caused-by-herpes-virus-warn-experts.html

These bugs can really mess up the body’s absorption and use of essential nutrients, sequestering metals and minerals for biofilm formation…this on top of a leaky gut.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.